• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big BBQ for 100 People 4th July

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces':becky:

Well, wish me luck brothers.

For the third year running, I am catering for approx 100 people.

This time, it coincides with your Independence Day 4th July!!!:cheer2::dancer::cheer2:

So, with some help from my brothers, I have put together what I hope is a real good menu for kids and adults alike...

Here we go:

Pumpkin Soup (home made Aussie Style)

Texas Style very mild Chili (for kids)... Big Thanks to Chicago KP for ingredients and good advice. Served with Corn Chips, and sides of Salsa, Baked Beans, Guacamole, Sour Cream.

Pulled Pork Sliders with coleslaw, cheese and Myrons Sweet and Tangy Sauce (Thanks Bluetang and ChicagoKP again for ingredients)

Mac and Cheese

CREAMY Potato Salad with Eggs

Some kinda green salad

Jicama, Watercress and Romaine Salad with Lime Cilantro Dressing and Queso Anejo

Finally for desert...

Sticky Date Pudding

KEY LIME PIE (Thanks Bluetang)

Ice Cream!

Man, it's a lotta work, but I hope it comes together OK.

I'm about to fire up the WSM to get it ready for an overnight cook with the pork shoulders. I will be taking photo's but I got so much to do that I may not be able to post them for a while.

Cheers!

Bill

As a south florida, and frequent keys inhabiter, I take great honor knowing the amazing desert known as key lime pie has made it all the way across the world to Australia!

Good luck on your bbq

Thanks Titch.

I've had the WSM going for a 3 hours already, still have not placed the pork shoulder as it's running away with temps even with a FULL water bowl! I've shut it all down and it's still running at 250F... But I wanna get it on and have a few hours sleep. I'm going to grate the coleslaw and prepare dressings tonight anyway... but that farking WSM is pumping away like the Bullet Bill it is!

Sounds like there are going to be about 100 very happy people. Awesome menue I love really good key lime pie Have fun

Sounds AWESOME!

Good luck! I'm sure it'll all come out great!

I was really confused at first to see an Aussie doing a 4th of July.

Hey we Aussies use any excuse for a party.
Bill with a crowd of 100 you may need this dispenser:
null_zps7a2fc02d.gif

Back