Rookie Question

speedrcer1

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi all. Getting my first few smokes in. This forum has been invaluable and I thank all for what they do here.
I have some rookie questions;
1: Can you use wood pellets instead of wood in any smoker, or are they really only for pellet smokers?

2: I see some of the smokes you people do and they are HUGH! Are you smoking now to fridge or freeze for later? How well does good Que reheat?
3. Is there a safe sealant or high temp weather-stripping known to seal off the seams on my smoker?
Thanks all. I'm sure there will be more as I progress!

1- technically yes, the same way you would use chips. Or make your own pellet pooper.

2-dont know. I'm sure some eat all of it though. Frozen pulled pork might be ok, but I haven't tried freezing anything else.

3-high temperature silicone gasket material for doors and things. jb weld for cracks and holes.

Good luck!

You can make a lot of smoked meat and freeze it. Works best in vacuum bags so that you can reheat in the sealed bag. One thing to remember is that a lot of folks here cater or cook commercially, still others just have a lot of folks wanting to eat their food. A few of us have weight and eating issues that require large amounts of meat.

You can make a lot of smoked meat and freeze it. Works best in vacuum bags so that you can reheat in the sealed bag. One thing to remember is that a lot of folks here cater or cook commercially, still others just have a lot of folks wanting to eat their food. A few of us have weight and eating issues that require large amounts of meat.
And then some of us are just plain nuts. (Guilty)

"MMMM...Jack Daniels with smoked ice cubes..."-
This is just somthing I have to try!
:lol:

I recommend packaging any extra BBQ that you may have in sealed 1 lb bags, freezing them and sending them directly to me...;-)

Not sure about the pellets or the high temp sealant, but I can talk about how much I cook. I figure if I am going to take the time to do it I may as well make it worth my while so I will often load 'er up and freeze for later.

I find it more convenient to smoke lots of stuff at once, and save for later. It's more cost effective when you consider fuel and time.

There is also an argument that there is an optimum level of meat that a smoker should have in it to get the best results, the bigger the smoker, the more meat needs to be in it.

There is also an argument that there is an optimum level of meat that a smoker should have in it to get the best results, the bigger the smoker, the more meat needs to be in it.

Smokers are like women . . . :

No, I wont go there, I just WONT GO THERE!!!

*ZAP*

Back