Does anyone not have a thermapen?

I no longer have a yellow one. :(

We are currently shopping around for something, but we're looking for something a little more than "splash proof". I've seen a couple that advertise as "dishwasher safe" which I would assume to mean waterproof.
Price isn't all that much of a concern as we've wasted hundreds of dollars in the past couple of years on thermometers (both instant read and remote) that either fall apart or don't handle water well.
What waterproof alternatives have folks come up with?

I don't have one, I have a Taylor9641, and a Maverick DT-12 that work just fine.

We made Thermapen's facebook page again. This discussion was posted there yesterday.

I have three of them :) One in the house, two in the trailer. I figure it as a good investment for the entire of food we cook/cater. Plus if anything ever happens to it, Thermoworks customer service is top notch!

I don't have a super-fast red one,
and I don't have a speedy yellow one,
and I don't have a stealth grey one,
and I don't have a speed-of-light blue one,
and I don't have .... Hey, I don't even have a slow one.

Sure, I'd like one, but it's a lot of money and I can get by without a thermometer for nearly everything anyway, so it's just another one of those luxury items I don't have.

I use those 18 buck Taylors work fine for me keep them a few years and toss them,

I have tried a bunch of different thermometers. I sprung for the thermapen few years back and have not regretted it one bit. The only thing I regret is that the wife has confiscated it and keeps it in the kitchen now. Thinking of getting a second one.

I don't have a super-fast red one,
and I don't have a speedy yellow one,
and I don't have a stealth grey one,
and I don't have a speed-of-light blue one,
and I don't have .... Hey, I don't even have a slow one.

Sure, I'd like one, but it's a lot of money and I can get by without a thermometer for nearly everything anyway, so it's just another one of those luxury items I don't have.

Gotta agree with Gore.Some day i'll get around to getting one.

Wanted one for years, but couldn't catch a sale or didn't have the money. Fortunately, Santa came through for me this year, and I now own a speedy orange one. :laugh:

Nope but if someone want to get rid of there "old" one, I'll do them a favor and take it.:-D

pwa

I have one. It is great with the instant read, very accurate also. I have tried other thermometers but this is by far my favorite.

Back