• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How NOT to do brisket - Mega Failure!! WARNING - Not for Weak Stomachs!!

Great save! Makes me think my decision to hold off injecting anything at all was a good one.

It also makes you appreciate the wonders of tri-tip (in spite of the price).

I feel your pain. Good save. Nice tri-tips.

Well...I've never seen Shane's brisket only heard about it...

My bucket of SHANE...

IMG_1350Medium.jpg

I'll be in the penalty box.

^^^^ Umm, I was framed for that last statement!!! My words have been chaaaannnged!!

I also have never seen shanes brisket, perhaps someone will share?

Thanks for the warning. Great save as this wasn't just for a couple of friends. Cool response under pressure.

This is going to give me nightmares. :shock:

Great save, though!

Wow - that took guts to post this! It almost looks like some sort of flesh eating virus. Really great info though on what not to do (we all have or will find ourselves in a pinch when cooking for a larger group) but equally important what TO DO in coming up with an alternative and eating the cost to do so. Nice save bro! And those tri's look amazing. That is one cut of beef I have read a lot about but have yet to try.

Never seen a Kroger and I believe I never want to, Nice save.

:laugh: Actually Kroger is a upper mid level grocery store and is the largest chain in the US based right here in Cinci. The store brands for the most part are very good but I think we can effectively eliminate Kroger beef tenderizer from that list (at least for brisket).

Wow... I feel like I've just watched the sort of really too graphic disaster footage that only gets shown on cable. Awesome save though! It may have cost more than you wanted, but it sounds like totally succeeded in feeding the crowd great chow and being a hit at your friend's party. Big picture: THAT is what is most important here. So congrats on keeping your wits/talents about you and making the most of it.:thumb:

Thank you all for not demanding that I be banished from the club... Not sure how I would have dealt with the shame AND being cut off from the breth. :becky:

This is true, but we also voted to put you on everyone's ignore list.

Well if that's the case, what I meant to say is "nah-nah and a boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo!" :tongue:

Wait, if all of you ignore me, does that mean I come off of Grail's list???

Wow, thank you for the lesson.

tenderizer = epic fail

did I miss anything?

Nice save though! Glad it worked out (minus the $$$)

Did my first brisket last week......not very good at all Dry and not very tender. Let it go until 190* I guess I need to stert with a better product to get a better result.

Back