Oakridge BBQ in Afghanistan!

Dont think anyone is stealing their $15/kg pork.

What a cool story..thanks for sharing.

Mike has always supported our men in uniform; Military, EMS, Fire, and Police.

I first communicated with Mike many years ago in a most unconventional manner. My son who was deployed at a munitions storage facility overseas, was told the mess hall would be closed for the holiday. The unit decided to purchase meats and have a BBQ over the Holiday weekend.

I tried to order some rubs through a BBQ-Brethren Owned Distributor. I placed the order and the next day I received an email stating that shipping would be over $400.00 to the APO/FPO location. I immediately called the distributor and asked them to send by priority mail not by UPS. The woman stated shed would call me back and let me know the outcome of her conversation with the owner. I called everyday and they could not give me an answer (very bad customer service). That was over 6 years ago, and I am still waiting for their return call they had promised (LOL).

After a week of calling every day and waiting for their return call; I decided to look elsewhere. I called Mike to confirm if he shipped to APO/FPO addresses, his answer was a simple "yes". I placed an order and it arrived days ahead of the holiday cook. I can't say enough about Mike at Oakridge, his high quality products, his outstanding customer service, and his generosity to the military and first responders. Just these basic points by themselves, has me locked into product line.

I also remember back in Jan 0f 2018 a group of 21 BBQ-Brethren took up a secret collection and Mike had assisted us with sending Oakridge Rubs to the Middle East.
Mike not only gave us an unbelievable discount, but he also more than matched our purchase with his own donation.

Here's the outcome for that one....
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259366

Mike has even assisted me as a special guest teacher when I am asked to teach brining and meat curing to the students at Local Culinary Classes.

Mike has my upmost respect and his quality made to order products are a basic staple in our cabinets.

You are a True Patriot Mike! Thank you for the service to our folks there. I too am a customer of your fine products.

One of the most enjoyable threads I've read in some time! Mike, thanks for your generosity in sending the care package to these guys who are in harm's way - you can tell they were very grateful! Oakridge rocks!

Just LOVE this pic!

IMG_1421-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited:
Back