• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Once again the dog ate my homework! Pr0n

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I went to my Butcher the other day looking for a special cut for the ongoing burger Throwdown. I ordered some ground Tri Tip, Ground Chuck, Ground Pork, and a particular good looking Tri-Tip for tonight's dinner. So I got busy last night working on a couple of practice rounds for the Burger Throwdown. Did a few bit's for dinner and played with some fire for a while. I made some Garlic Aioli and Ancho chili mayonnaise. Life was good then I started today on a little piece of tri tip.

fresh from the cryovack

Setup the kamado like a Weber using fire bricks to segregate the hot coals from the indirect heat side. No plate setter or pan used. This was a first for me and it worked like a charm. !/2 the lump and the results were amazing.

Cooked indirect till the meat reached 120 IT. Pulled and chilled. Fired up the gasser with the trusty olde CI griddle till she reached 500 degrees. Seared the snot out of her and let her rest for a couple of minutes.

Toasted some bread with EVOO and plated the works with some spring salad with Bleu Cheese dressing.

Left the rest on the counter in the kitchen only to find out that "Leroy" my Rottweiler, Shar Pei mix had eaten the rest of the roast. He has very good taste.
Thanks for lookin, and I'll keep on cookin!
Jed

Last edited:
It was great! Missing the leftovers for steak & egg breakfast tomorrow morning though. Leroy is quite happy.
Thanks for lookin'
jed

angry-dog-eating-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bad Leroy bad dog.

But who can blame him after all?

Back