Norway Maple

frugalsob

Knows what a fatty is.
Okay. So I'm struggling to find wood locally. I mean I can buy it from the store in chunks, but that gets $$$.

I have a LOT of Norway Maple from a tree I cut down last summer. Wondering if anyone has used this kind or if I should even attempt it.

Any thoughts?

It works but it is not the same smoke as one gets from Sugar Maple. Norway Maple with Apple wood brings the sweetness up.

i think your screenname says it all. LOL cough up some dough and guy get some hickory and some fruitwood you cheap barstard :)

seriously though, maple is ok but in your area, it shouldn't be hard to find a few alternatives!

Wampus - No, I don't have one of those stores near me....

LOL @ boatnut... Well, I am a cheap farker, but I'm willing to spend on BBQ. Just can't find it. Other than in the bagged store stuff. Like at Home Depot. I was thinking "bigger scale", and don't want to buy 30 bags... I've posted a bunch of ads on c'list with no luck.

BUT, I was talking to my Dad yesterday who has about 35 acres up north and he said he's got some apple trees out on the land that he doesn't mind if I take. However that doesn't do me any good now. But you can bet your butt, I'll be up there this summer cutting some down...

Back