Redesigned Lone Star Grillz 20" Offset Smokers - Review Videos

For those talking about the intake size, if you look at the pits coming out now he did change the size and style of the intake. Curious as to why he did that.

That is interesting. Are you talking about the traditional 24x36 smokers or the new 20 x 36 ones?

For those talking about the intake size, if you look at the pits coming out now he did change the size and style of the intake. Curious as to why he did that.

That's easy, they cost less to produce.

Larry

Guys, the "Arrival & Walkaround" video I just posted to the updated list above is from Kenyatta Robinson, a guy in SoCal who just took receipt of his new 20x42 LSG this weekend. He's got several accessories that I did not order, and his video was really interesting - if you think my delivery was scary, you should watch his :)

With another 20x42 user posting vids, we'll all benefit from better variety.

Thanks for the shout out! Slight correction... I'm actually in Northern CA, around 30 miles east of San Francisco. However, I am a graduate from USC. I'm enjoying the wealth of information and sharing of knowledge about LSG's offsets. My experience would be at least 10 times more challenging without forums like this.

Last edited:
The videos are interesting, especially for the 20x30. I don't know if one of them is a Dev/experimental unit or what but the website doesn't show the stop for the cooking chamber door, nor the inlet for a temp controller being in the sliding vent door.

That is interesting. Are you talking about the traditional 24x36 smokers or the new 20 x 36 ones?

From what I have seen on the Facebook fan page it is on all the pits from pipe smokers to the new cabinet smokers. All sizes.

It would interesting to know the area opening of the new design compared to the old design.

From what I have seen on the Facebook fan page it is on all the pits from pipe smokers to the new cabinet smokers. All sizes.

It would interesting to know the area opening of the new design compared to the old design.

Just looked at the new design. It looks like a pretty significant size increase. Eyeballing, I'd say about the same width but a good 50-60% more vertical height.

The videos are interesting, especially for the 20x30. I don't know if one of them is a Dev/experimental unit or what but the website doesn't show the stop for the cooking chamber door, nor the inlet for a temp controller being in the sliding vent door.

Similar to @AKMIMNAK, I have the new 20x42 model. I think I forgot to mention it in my walkaround video, but the temp controller port on my model is located on the other side of the firebox, near the log lighter. You can see it at the 5:38 mark in this video. https://youtu.be/UnyinCAxjE0

I was also expecting the temp controller port to be next to the damper like it is in LSG's video. I guess the model used in their video is the experimental prototype.

I prefer having the temp controller port on the other side of the firebox as this will make it easier to sit the controller on the folding shelf. It also works better because the probe ports are on the left side of the cooking chamber, near the smoke stack.

Note: I do consider my experience to be part of learning a new pit and not an indictment of the product overall.

This is exactly my feeling. Not blaming LSG at all. I'm just saying, at my skill level, I needed to crack the door several times. I'll learn.

Thanks for the shout out! Slight correction... I'm actually in Northern CA, around 30 miles east of San Francisco. However, I am a graduate from USC. I'm enjoying the wealth of information and sharing of knowledge about LSG's offsets. My experience would be at least 10 times more challenging without forums like this.

Ha, my bad :) I totally defaulted to that. No idea why.

Chris told me he is experimenting with that ATC port location in the door.

This is exactly my feeling. Not blaming LSG at all. I'm just saying, at my skill level, I needed to crack the door several times. I'll learn.

From today's experience, I determined that I need to learn when and how long to crack the door to increase the temp and when and how long to open the door to lower the temp. There is definitely a steep learning curve.

I don’t move my Intake much on stick burners. I leave door partially Open till the new split is burning well then close the door. I take is usually 1/3-1/2 Open and stays there.

Can’t speak to your particular model, but with my 24x36 I tried everything in my arsenal (very small splits, preheated splits inside the firebox, using over seasoned wood, floor fan blowing into the firebox, adjusting leveling of the smoker, running it without tuning plates to minimize resistance). I know a lot of people (Franklin most notably) say to cook with the firebox door open, but I was annoyed that I had to do it as a requirement and not just an option. With my intake now larger, cooks are much less of a headache and more enjoyable.

Whatever works for You. :thumb: I’ll mod Any smoker to my liking. Even a Brand New One.....

Thanks for all of your updates...quick question, if you have a chance, can you check the list for water leakage? I'm worries that rain water will be able to penetrate the seal on top

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of your updates...quick question, if you have a chance, can you check the list for water leakage? I'm worries that rain water will be able to penetrate the seal on top

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Can you clarify? Are you talking about the gasket inside the cook chamber door?

Back