Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

Yes, many have seen Jay and Jimmy. Meeting them in persson for the first time was akin to reuniting with old friends.

I had the privilege of being judged by these two gentlemen for the onsite portion, the Iron chef and dessert entries.

Just now the monsoon has let up. Let's just say that this evening has brought us a lot of wind abd a lot of rain. The rain has been reeking havoc with the electric throughout.

it's all over! man what a time! congradulations to Clint and all those who walked. a great time was had by all! wow! again!
phil

also congrats to Frank and Blazing Butts! Great job! i'm wondering if it might have been the haircut. :-D :wink:

Results

Ok, before I get the results out I need to thank a few people. First off, without the Chamber of Commerce in Sayville this event wouldn't have happened. Without Phil's having created and supported the Brethren there would be no Battle of the BBQ Brethren. Sled, Julie, Wes, Greg and Phil all put in a lot of time and effort ensuring that the event went off smoothly.

Ken, Kathy, Don, Leslie, Linda and Jerry were our reps and they were invaluable. They deserve a lot of credit for ensuring that all of our mistakes were corrected before they got to you.

It would be a horrible breach of etiquette to leave out the teams, who spend so much of their time, money and energy supporting the hobby that we all love. Of the teams, I would specifically like to thank the Spicy Cracker National Brethren Team Dot Com for being gracious guests and flying in to join us.

My only regret was not being able to spend anytime with the teams. Heck, I barely saw Ted and he was judging.

Grilling:

First Place: Blazing Nuttz in their second competition
Second Place: Long Island Luau in their first competition

Overall

1 Smoke In Da Eye Congratulations Clint!!
2 Dirty Dicks & The Legless Wonders
3 Spicy Cracker Brethren National Dot Com
4 Smoke on the Water
5 R2 BQ
6 Yabba Dabba Que
7 TNT Dynamite BBQ
8 Smokers Lounge BBQ
9 Sexy Ginos Bare Ass BBQ
10 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy

Chicken

13 R2 BQ
1 Baldwin Butt Burners
2 Yabba Dabba Que
3 Smoke in da Eye
4 Blazin Nuttz BBQ
5 Long Island Luau
6 Dirty Dick and the Legless Wonders
7 Chubby Hubby BBQ
8 TNT Dynamite BBQ
9 Smokers Lounge BBQ
10 Ma's Que Crew

Pork Ribs

1 R2 BQ
2 Lakeside Smokers
3 Blazin Nuttz BBQ
4 Spicy Brethren Cracker DOT Com
5 Sexy Ginos Bare Ass BBQ
6 Transformer BBQ
7 Queer Eye for the BBQ Guy
8 Smokers Lounge BBQ
9 Heavy Metal BBQ
10 Grills Gone Wild

Pork

1 TNT Dynamite BBQ
2 Sexy Ginos Bare Ass BBQ
3 ZBQ
4 Brethren Spicy Dot Cracker Com
5 Dirty Dick and the Legless Wonders
6 Green Mountain Smoke Shack
7 Smoke on the Water
8 Smoke in Da Eye
9 Team Big Barry
10 Smokers Lounge BBQ

Brisket

1 Smoke on the Water
2 Purple Turtle Catering
3 Yabba Dabba Que
4 Smoke in Da Eye
5 Green Mountain Smokeshack
6 Dirty Dick and the Legless Wonders
7 R2 BQ
8 Out of the Ashes
9 Long Island Luau
10 Ocean County Pig Assassins

Thank you everyone and congratulations to Clint and Blazzin Nuttz.

Eric

Need Results!!

Overall:
403102271_XMvAL-XL.jpg

Chicken:
403101999_MGShN-XL.jpg

Ribs:

403102891_UmSc4-XL.jpg

Pork:
403102488_vXefH-XL.jpg

Brisket:

403101666_Vfgx4-XL.jpg

This was team Chubby Hubby bbq's first contest. We had a great time even with the rain and wind on saturday and can't wait for the next one. We got 7th overall in grilling with 10th fatty, 2nd pizza & 9th hot dog. We finished 29th on the bbq portion which we can hopefully improve. We did take 7th in chicken but our dry brisket took DAL. I would also like to thank the 2 fat pollocks who were setup next to us and answered any question we had.

looks like eric beat me to it. who should also be thanked for his hard work.

Congrats to all and the RUBBER CHICKEN is back in the hands of the man who made 13th Place chicken infamous!!! Way to go Sled.

Congrats Clint, way to go!.... and to all that were called!

I just got home and am SOOO exhausted. Need to grab a shower and some sleep. I just wanted to say what a great weekend this was. It was great to meet so many of you and put faces to the names from the board. As I told him earlier, Eric did an absolutely amazing job organizing this contest and we want to thank him for all his hard work.

Also wanted to thank Frank and Bob from Blazin' Nuttz (sorry dude, looks like you're stuck with it!), and the guys from Up in Smoke and Grim Reapers, you guys made for some great neighbors this weekend!

Kevin & Mike

I just got home and am SOOO exhausted. Need to grab a shower and some sleep. I just wanted to say what a great weekend this was. It was great to meet so many of you and put faces to the names from the board. As I told him earlier, Eric did an absolutely amazing job organizing this contest and we want to thank him for all his hard work.

Also wanted to thank Frank and Bob from Blazin' Nuttz (sorry dude, looks like you're stuck with it!), and the guys from Up in Smoke and Grim Reapers, you guys made for some great neighbors this weekend!

Kevin & Mike

Thanks guys. We had a great time too. Congrats on your great finish. :-D

CONGRATS to all!!! If the weather was ANYTHING like it was here 20 miles north of NYC you folks overcame!!! TELL YOU WHAT should have competed...then perhaps, my wife's NEW Honda Odyssey would NOT have been CRUSHED by an Oak tree!!

Congratulations all.

Back