• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Putting the Spicewine large to the test this weekend

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Doing a gig for the family this weekend.....expecting about 100 people......I had planned on 4 butts and 6 brisket flats.....nephew shows up tonight with 4 more butts.....:eek: I have no problem with space.....what I have a problem with is figuring what time to start.....they want to eat at 5PM, I've got a 30 minute drive to the party.......I figured would cooler and slice/chop hot.

We're also doing 24 pounds of hash brown cassaroles and 5 gallons of beans....chit...I should have gone to the GAB!

So I'll either be cooking or frettin' about cooking....so I may be on here off and on all night.....

I'll try to remember to take pics.....

Allow yourself enought time to get things done. You can always wrap and cooler them.
I woud figure pulling the meat at about 3 pm., foil and cooler.
Get to your destination, remove from the cooler about 4.30 and rest for half hour, then pull and slice.
You should be fine.
Good Luck..............and dont forget the pics.

The GAB woulda been easier....

Leave plenty of time for warming up the pit, look forward to some pron! :biggrin:

Mid way point....bark is nice.......now if the rain would go away!
This will probably be the last pics as next is foil and then hold until later....

The first 3 hours were iffy, I was thinking the worst....205* with Kingsford was it until the meat started to warm....now it's clear sailing.....

Attachments

• 052308mid1.jpg
    052308mid1.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 052308mid2.jpg
    052308mid2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 91
Wore that special Diddler chimney out, didn't you?

PS: I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. I'd consider traveling for some of that casserole:mrgreen:

Last edited:
I am going to be wishin' I had that large on Sunday night as I try to do 12 butts on a medium. I am taking the UDS just in case I have trouble fitting them all on there.

Good looking food, should be no problems... Other than running out of food from everybody coming back for more...

final update.....

Everything turned out wonderful! So many comments of "that's the best brisket I've ever had in my life".....my upper back is sore from throwing my chest out! LOL
Taking and slicing/pulling there was almost as good as cooking onsite...the smell of fresh BBQ everywhere just was the tease we needed! LOL And everything held very well in coolers....in fact, the extra butts (which we didn't need) were still too hot to handle at 8PM.

Nice job, Gary! Glad it all worked out for you. That Spicebox is so purty......I want to own one of those when I grow up....Or, if I grow up :tongue:

Back