• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a stick burner

Ya the fire box is a little thin bit I'm going to line the bottom of it with fire brick and make a heat shield on the top, on the inside. Intheory the heat shield will direct more heat to the cook chamber and less heat loss

I too question the throat size between the FB and cooking chamber. Also the pictures look like the FB is mounted to low on the tank. This is based on my experience building reverse flow offsets. I mount my FB 2" below the center of the tank. I've never done a straight through model.

jandjbuidasmokerm, I don't understand your question? your Fb will always be lower than your cook chamber

I know someone that has one like that... has to use a fan to get the smoke to exhaust.. its not ideal as i say.. in other words just have a big tank.. use one end as the firebox.. the other end the exhaust.. its your tank do as you do.. i'm just speaking from my expierence.. but that would be more like a grill than a "Smoker" as in you would mostly use just charcoal and a little wood.. instead of burning sticks/Logs.. for fuel..

Just wondering if I can reduce the highth of the cooker on the trailer! I may not be a tall man, but... lol

Take a pic or your tank.. consider mounting her on a car dolly or something of that hieght.. or i would consider.. mounting her on a walk up trailer... as in you step up onto the trailer.. to tend to your meat.. and you add fuel to your firebox while you are on the ground..

But if my fire box is to low that's why they make grinders cutoff wheeles, torches, plasmas and welders, but ill figure that out when I do my test burn

But if my fire box is to low that's why they make grinders cutoff wheeles, torches, plasmas and welders, but ill figure that out when I do my test burn

Yea i would try it with what you have.. and see what happens.. you can always change it later.. i would go ahead and try it before you paint it though..

O ya I won't paint it till I do a test run. Thanks to everyone how has given me advise with my first off set build

Well it's been awhile but I got back to working on it, cut the doors out now got the make a hing design and some flat stock to seal them up and do a test run to see if the opening is big enough to keep up
9ajenaqu.jpg

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Back