Just an idea...

Bigmista said:
I do like the way that gator pit looks though.

I think that's the "Brazillian" - it's also available with an offset cooking area - kind of a backwards BYC since the firebox remains beneath the verticle chamber.

Bigmista said:
Now. Let me explain the concept of poverty to you all. I am selling Pork Sammich Lunches to help pay for my bash tickets. I work as a bouncer when I can for some extra cash. All in addition to my pittance from Wells Fargo.

It's nice to dream, but the $160 barrel is in my price range. When I get more catering gigs, I will get another one. When the biz is rolling good then I will probably get a spicewine.

MrsMista likes the green with the spoiler.

Talked to Rocky at BDS He will give us a special Breathern price of $150 a unit
if we want 8 BDS Smokers Talk to me if your interested

Thanks Thom but i am looking for more surface area for the buck.

hey Neil Thinking about moving up to the Big BDS You interested in mine?

ThomEmery said:
Talked to Rocky at BDS He will give us a special Breathern price of $150 a unit
if we want 8 BDS Smokers Talk to me if your interested

Thom,

I realize almost a year has past since your posting. Is Rocky still offering the Brethren discount? Which model was it on?

Thanks,

How about doing a raised grid, that way you would't have to do any drilling or welding on the drum. Get some carriage bolts, fender washers and make feet on the top grill and get an 18.5" or bigger grate and just set it on top of the main grate. You could make it 3 or 4 inches high and use the Weber lid.

Bigmista said:
Yeah TK sent me that one. That would be even more work reinforcing the bottom and you still have to buy the weber grill.

OR - if you're like me and have a 700,000 year old Weber grill . . . it's practically free (when you think of the initial cost divided by the number of burgers grilled on it).

Went digging thru the archives. This is where the UDS idea was born. Sort of...

Bigmista is the father of the UDS? We got a celebrity in the house!

Father? Me? Naw. Just a broke man doing things out of necessity.

Found it interesting that there only about 4 or 5 guys participating on the thread. Not today.

Paul

Nope. The UDS Thread is the bible. This is just an old scroll.

Back