• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Brisket Cook on the Lonestar

Hmmmm that's looking so good i might throw on at least a flat today or tomorrow myself. When i see it sliced it might just push me over the edge. )))

Brisket is off at 7 hrs (2 hrs wrapped on the pit with the last 30 minutes in a ramp down)

will rest a few hours in the butcher paper in a cooler and then slice it up

Looking great! :clap2:

Any shots of the pit we can look at? :hungry:

Thanks all... A great cook overall and the new pit performed very well in temps ranging from 27 to 47 degrees.

Beautiful job. What's your opinion on Butcher paper vs Aluminum? Better or Not?

Chuck.

The butcher paper IMO makes for a better finished product... It eliminates the steamy, wet product yet still allows to keep the bark moist and firm. Not to say I'd never use foil again but for what I'm trying to accomplish foil generally won't do that.

Thanks is owed to Donnie (Pitmaster T) for bringing me back to reality a few years ago and getting me to enjoy cooking barbecue again.... I started this hobby focused on the basics, then got caught up in the competition thing for a few years which I gradually began to hate as I was not cooking the product I wanted to cook....but thankfully the last five years I've been able to come back to where I started.

Last edited:
Nice job on the Brisket!! I gotta get a roll of the butcher paper, and try that out.

Can you comment on what all the farm has to offer? I wish i had a place like that near me, i'd probably have to get revolving credit with them....:biggrin1:

Back