• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Focaccia bread and Chicken Noodle soup

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
tried a recipe for Focaccia bread from "home cuisine". Made up a batch of chicken noodle soup in the crock pot from a recipe from "cook's country". both were very good. I only used half of the dough and the rest I used to bake just a "normal" loaf of bread from it. Interesting recipe for bread as it calls for making 8 oz's of yukon gold mashed potatoes then using some of the 'tater water to make a slurry before adding yeast/salt/flour. It's not "Q" but too dang cold to fire up the WSM , LOL

Attachments

• foccacia bread01.jpg
    foccacia bread01.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 71
  • chickennoodlesoup01.jpg
    chickennoodlesoup01.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 71
  • focaccia loaf.jpg
    focaccia loaf.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 71
Looks so good Mike!! Perfect!

I really need to take the plunge into homemade bread. I see pr0n of nice looking bread on the forum, and I have to believe I can do it, if I just take the plunge and farking do it.

Nice looking focaccia. :thumb:

CD

I really need to take the plunge into homemade bread. I see pr0n of nice looking bread on the forum, and I have to believe I can do it, if I just take the plunge and farking do it.

Nice looking focaccia. :thumb:

CD

Casey,
I've never been much of a baker....but I purchased the "artisan bread" book by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. You can google their website for recipes or youtube them. Or just youtube "no knead bread". It's really pretty easy. I prefer using my dutch oven vs baking on a pizza stone though. There's just nothing that compares to a sliced and toasted piece of crusty , homemade bread slathered with real butter accompanied by some farm fresh fried eggs :)

Good lookin' meal there! Thanks for posting, Mike!

Back