Need quick help!

lastmajordude

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
10# Butterball turkey ready way to early....What can I do to safely keep it warm for @2 hours???

If you have a cooler that it would fit into, you could wrap it well in foil and towels, should keep it hot enough for 2 hours.

Take a couple heavy towels and line the bottom of a cooler with them, put the turkey in a foil pan covered with foil in next and then a couple towels or blankets on top. You can put a heating pad in there if you have one for extra insurance too.

+1 on foil/towels/cooler. An alternative is to foil and leave it in the oven at 170 degrees.

Howdy neighbor! I'd do just like the gentlemen above. Foil, put it I cooler, and cover with towels. And if you don't have a cooler that big, just foil and wrap with towels. :)

started around 275 and went over 325...maybe spiked @ 350. Put on about 830 and pulled breast At 10ish. Breast was at 162....pulled thighs and wings and left on till thigh hit 160. Put in alum pan and did the cooler towel trick. I've had such good luck in past just doing breast and pulling them at 160 this whole turk threw me i guess. Used therm on my Jambo and Maverick....both were right together......Anyway...THANK YOU!!!! Just had a little MEN O Pause moment I guess......All looks good till I carve it.....Thanks brothers....HAPPY THANKSGIVING.....mean that with all my heart!!

I just said this on another thread, but here goes..

If you rest the bird in foil, the skin will lose it. Unfoiled if you like to eat skin. If you aren't planning on eating skin, go ahead and foil.

Back