Less than 3.5 hours

I wish I knew what all of that means...but, again I will say, you made a nice looking UDS.
Big Belly Mod
IMG_0133-3.jpg

IMG_0134-3.jpg

IMG_0135-3.jpg

IMG_0136-3.jpg

IMG_0137-3.jpg

IMG_0138-3.jpg

IMG_0139-3.jpg

Nah, I didn't use a weedburner for the burnout- haven't picked one up yet. I just filled it with firewood a couple of times and let her blaze for hours and hours. I'm thinking about using YOU as an example in this week's sermon, though! :-o
Ahhhh... A sermon of how a Good Lutheran Lives....

You preach about the transgendered?

Weird.

With friends like you......

This is Neil's

Those "Short ribs" ain't so short. Do they cut them in half?
Those are the longest short ribs I've ever seen... If they have a good amount of meat, I would still pull the membrane, do the brisket rub, and and smoke them for a solid 8 hours... As Bubba called it, 'Brisket on a Stick'

I wish I knew what all of that means...but, again I will say, you made a nice looking UDS.
Let me help you out here.... (I never thought I would have to translate for Norco....:eek:

I just lift out to dump, fill with charcoal.
That would be the highly technical removal mechanism on the fire basket... (the pipe)

Never made a tall inlet, seems I recall lots have had problems. Ones that work are at least 1".
Some have used a long (tall) pipe for their intake but many had problems with it acting more like an exhaust. He also recommends not using anything less than 1" intake. In fact the one that I have has 3 1" intakes with caps on two of them and a valve on the third.

On the "Big Belly Mod" I get the Harbor Freight valves which are metric stems but are copper. I get a 5/16"-18 thd. coupling nut and it threads on with a little persuasion. I drill and pin it. I grind a 5/16" bolt to fit handle. I weld in place. One could use 5/16" allthread and lock it with jam nuts.
The 'Big Belly Mod" is also known here in the Mid-West as the 'Dicky-Doo'... Our bellies stick out further than our D!%ky Do....

Hope this helps Brother

That thing is ugly and your picture of the meat label is blurry...well, blurry to us at least. :biggrin:

Thanks for cleaning your fingernails before the picture, Pat!!

Pending on which eye I use!:rolleyes:

Thems working mans hands. Much like the zipper marks on your lips you posted on your myspace Croc profile.:twisted:

All of a sudden bright yellow is the trend?:wink:
I saw that the inside of your barrel still has a colour,is that paint that you just can grind off?
I've got a barrel that looks similair on the inside.
Nice drum btw.

Where did you get the ash catcher and grill and what size is it? Looks like a wally world table top grill i saw yesterday.

Hey Norco, I appreciate you taking pix of that and all! I am a jack of all trades, and got what you said without the pix, but they will surely be a big help to others.

How much of this I will be able to do, I dunno, cuz costs keep ratching up on these drums. Even with donated grills, I have about $75 each in materials -- and the drums were free! Could not believe what I got charged for the expanded metal and a few other pieces of metal. I might just have to go with the riser on mine for now. But we'll see. I like the idea!

That is a thing of beauty! Talk about some clean and mean workmanship. You da man!!:eusa_clap

Yeeehaaaaa...Pat, you taking no chit and no prisioners! Looks great, go getem brother.

Nice job with the drum Pat.....are you sure you're not a girl? :twisted: :tongue: lol :biggrin:

AWESOME build - I gotta do the same! Very clean & functional. We'll need to see some PRON when you're ready.

On the "Big Belly Mod" I get the Harbor Freight valves which are metric stems but are copper. I get a 5/16"-18 thd. coupling nut and it threads on with a little persuasion. I drill and pin it. I grind a 5/16" bolt to fit handle. I weld in place. One could use 5/16" allthread and lock it with jam nuts.

Thats sorta funky.....

For the record, minus a couple mods that you have but this took an hour, ask Bob!

Attachments

• UDS Pic's 077.jpg
    UDS Pic's 077.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 119
Back