Proud N00b

GC8

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share, I've always loved grilling but never went further than burgers and brats until this last Winter when I started researching and toying around. Since then, I would do my experiments solely for my gf & I...that was until last night. I had friends over for the 4th and told them I'd be doing pulled pork. When they got here, I outted myself as a closet grilling/smoking fan :biggrin1:

Get to the point, right? Well...the meat was pulled and ready to go and I was told by more than one of my friends that it was the best pulled pork they have ever had. Now, they are friends so they were probably blowing smoke up my ass. Good to hear none the less!

Just wanted to share with the place that has helped me along the way.

Good for you man! Now that you're "out" your buddies will be bugging you for bbq. :wink:Just tell them you'll cook if they buy!

Hey go with the compliments It probably was the best they have had I can not order it when I go out anymore Congrats

Congrats on the success! It's nice to see others enjoy your food, and to see that you can actually execute what people talk about on here.

I bet there was no B.S. involved! You most certainly fed them the best pulled pork they're ever had. Damn good feeling ain't it? Nicely done sir!

congrats! all my friends are constantly asking me about BBQ and how to cook it, and it feels good. i've gotten quite a few folks into this stuff too.........i call them my BBQ disciples :laugh: :wink:

Thanks everyone. It's about time I found a cheaper hobby than cars! Anyway, I've got more friends headed over tonight...but just going the burger/hot dog route. Although we do burgers has "Homer Simpson Burgers" aka donut for a bun and the hot dogs will be wrapped in bacon :-D

It sure would be nice to have a Homer Simpson Weber to grill the Homer Simpson Burgers on :cool:

I cannot order out BBQ or steaks anymore either. Good job bro! Now you can offer to cook if they buy and you won't have as much expense. Potluck BBQ get together a really makes a pleasant experience.

Thanks everyone. It's about time I found a cheaper hobby than cars
At the moment you say that, give it a few years. You might even find yourself in a comp or two down the road, and if you get a walk, your hooked!

Back