Comp Trailer Floors

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I just purchased a brand stanking new 6'x12' trailer for comps mostly, and for a back up catering rig.

I am interested in flooring that can be installed and here are my requirements

1. So easy to install a caveman can do it.
2. Does not break the bank.
3. Smooth texture (no groves)
4. Slip resistant

Thanks in advance for your help with my request!

Howdy Folks,

I just purchased a brand stanking new 6'x12' trailer for comps mostly, and for a back up catering rig.

I interested in flooring that can be installed and here are my requirements

1. So easy to install a caveman can do it.
2. Does not break the bank.
3. Smooth texture (no groves)
4. Slip resistant

Thanks in advance for your help with my request!

I'm going to derail the thread here, but what kind of trailer did you end up getting, and why did you decide on 6x12? We've been looking to upgrade as well, and I'm having a hard time deciding on 6x12 up through 7x14.

I'm going to derail the thread here, but what kind of trailer did you end up getting, and why did you decide on 6x12? We've been looking to upgrade as well, and I'm having a hard time deciding on 6x12 up through 7x14.

OK, here is my thought process! I really wanted a 7'x14', but I live on a very narrow street and it would be hard to manuver that rig with my RV or GMC 2500.

My Class C only can tow 3500lbs., so with a double axle pushing 2500 lbs. and smokers and acoutriments, I was dangerously getting close to max capacity.

Edit: I am mostly a one man show at comps, so this is enough room for me.
I bought a Pace.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cpw
I used a garage tile floor which are interlocking type 18" squares. They tend to be stain proof, slip resistant and washable. Seal the wood floor before installing.

dont do what I did... i used 12x12 commerical vinyl tiles. i roll heavy pits in there and figured if i tears a tile,. its easy to replace a single when they are 12x12. But a full sheet of vinyl if torn, your screwed.

well, it took 6 boxes to do my trailer and at 60lbs a box, i added over 360 lbs to the trailer empty.

No 12x 12 tiles, check
Seal the floor first, check
Possible Rhino liner, check
Possible interlocking 18 x18, check
Shag carpeting hell no, check :thumb:
Possible seal and paint, check
Possible rubber coin flooring, check

Thanks, guys

I had vinyl flooring installed by the trailer manufacturer when I had it built.

trailerinside.jpg

I would definitely go with a sealed coating (think garage floor coatings)...there are several out there you can do yourself. Most are abrasion/oil resistant and will last a long time...:becky: Looking forward to your build brother! :thumb:

I use those padded restaurant mats. Nice cushion under you and clean up all you need to do is spray them off.

Back