• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Looking for a good RIB GLAZE :)!!!

G3BBQTEAM

Reaction score
Im looking for a really good rib glaze. I,m thinking,

Maybe some Brown Sugar, Mustard, Butter, Apple cider vinegar, Jack Daniels. This seems typical, so is there anything that can be added or should I change it up completely?

Define "good"?

What are you trying to accomplish?

A good starting place is to take your favorite BBQ sauce and thin it with simple sugar. (Thanks JD)

Im looking for a really great competition glaze for an upcoming cook-off?

Rib Candy by Texas Pepper Jelly. Either by itself or with a bit of your preferred bbq sauce.

My favorite is apple/ cinnamon rib candy.

Used Rod Gray's EAT BARBECUE IPO Sauce on some ribs last night. Gave them a beautiful shine.

50:50 1C sweet baby rays and Texas pepper jelly Apple habanero, thinned with Bragg ACV. Don't get no betta. You can experiment with specialty spices like cumin, cinnamon, all spice, cardamom, mace etc 1/4 tsp at a time

It really depends on what flavor you are looking for. I think a balanced but bold sauce works in comps. A little added heat usually takes it up a notch too.

3/4 cup SBR 1/4 cup purreed maracino cherries, then thinned with the juice from the cherries.

http://www.mastercaviar.com/caviar/...e&gclid=CKzhrbnfnLUCFQ-e4AodfWgAOA#googlebase

i used these mixed with head country, butter, tobasco, and some rub. outstanding. however, i didn't get calls in ribs until i left this behind and started using a blues hog mix.

i don't compete that much though so YMMV.

I use that stuff for ham. A really simple method is reduce coca-cola and add some of the preserves. Then warm/cook the sliced ham to about 155-160.

You can also use it with a vinegar reduction.

It is some good stuff.

Seems you've decided to dive into this competition thing..

What glazes or sauces did you use on your chicken and ribs prior to this?

Whatever you were doing that was good enough to point you in this direction is exactly what you should continue to do.

There are no secrets in BBQ and we could use the exact same products and one of us would score higher than the other. Don't overthink it Brother, just cook!

There are no secrets in BBQ and we could use the exact same products and one of us would score higher than the other. Don't overthink it Brother, just cook!

I'm learning to heed this advice every day!

Well Said!

Back