Charcoal Sale Addicts Anonymous...

Hi, my name is firefighter and if buying a whole pallet of lump at a time makes me an addict add me to the list.

I bought a 40 pound bag of mesquite lump at a Mexican market today.

I easily have 200+ pounds of lump in my shed already.

My Name is Tom and I'm addicted to buying charcoal on sale.

I'll admit to even ignoring death threats and other various claims of punishment by my wife for my actions.

Hi I'm Shain and I'm a charcoal sale junkie. I couldn't walk past the KComp on sale today at Costco without sneaking two twin packs underneath the cart. I'm still not sure where I'm going to store them. The wife says at checkout, "I thought you had enough to last a year?" Well honey we better be safe and get these for insurance. :)

I admit, my addiction has started to drag my children into it...
photobucket-9872-1337919956521.jpg

They need to start earning their keep! (Can't wait till mine can help) Job well done in my book.

My wife just pulled up with 4 twin packs. She said "She felt bad that I did not get more than 2 twin packs that are in the garage". Awwww....:clap2:

I did not have the heart to tell her about the 20 bags I hid at my shop...

I think this is one of my favorite posts in this thread so far!

Not only am I an addict, but I'm also a NOT observant addict.

Today, I got 2 for the price of 7!

WOOT WOOT!

:whoo:

:doh:

Oh, it wasn't that bad. I'm kinda sorry we told you. :becky:

CD

I admit, my addiction has started to drag my children into it...
photobucket-9872-1337919956521.jpg

^^^That is child endangerment! Someone could mug the poor kid and take the charcoal. You should be ashamed for leaving the charcoal unattended like that :tsk:

No, I am NOT an addict! Never. I can stop any time I want to. It has been days since I bought charcoal. I have stopped MANY times and it is easy!
Damn forum.

I was able to snag 2 of the 15lb double packs at Wal-Mart. That didn't appear to be very much. I stopped at Lowes on my way home and grabbed 4 of the 20lb double packs. The guy at the checkout made a comment about 2 per customer. I gave him a funny look and he ended up ringing me up twice.

Now I have 220 lbs of stashed in the garage, hopefully avoiding notice by the Office of Budget Management. Off to the butcher!!

Grabbed three twins from wally world in Gladstone. They had about a third of the pallet left in the garden section. No sign though...sneaky walmarters...View attachment 65191

Last edited:
Grabbed three twins from wally world in Gladstone. They had about a third of the pallet left in the garden section. No sign though...sneaky walmarters...View attachment 65191

Looking at your photo, you are still in the early stages of addiction. There is still hope for you.

CD

This is how I know it's bad. I just starting smoking less than 2 months ago. And it's funny this thread came up because here are my first 2 projects I have planned (mind you this is before this thread). My 1st project? Build a smoker. My 2nd project? Build a fuel container center. No joke, that's exactly what I called it and I want to house 400lbs of charcoal, 400lbs of lump, and 6 separate smoking chunk/chip types in a container on rollers to roll out to the smoker or grill (depending on what I'm doing)....:tsk: I lost hope the second I signed up on this forum and I love it! If you're gonna drown, u might as well go out with a bang! Reading this I'm wondering, though....should I make it 2 fuel container centers? 1 ton of fuel just doesn't seem like it will do now

I stopped by ChinaMart today to pick up a few more bags and it was priced at $13.98 for 30 pounds. I passed.

What kind of Memorial Day sale doesn't run through Memorial Day?

Back