Contest Sponsors... I'm such a birddog!

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Checking on trailer rental prices today at RSC Rentals... $30 a day or $90 per week. Ouch. So I decided what the heck and asked about sponsorship in the form of trailer use in exchange for banner advertisement at the Royal... and he said YES! That makes three... $250 cash, $100 cash and $90 for trailer rental! We also have a sponsor willing to buy our meat for the DeSoto / Kill Creek Farm contest in October! Probably small potatoes compared to what some of you get for a season but I figure this ain't bad for being newbies! 8)

RE: Contest Sponsors... I

Great catch.

Thanks guys! Hope it gives someone an idea if you need trailer rentals, canopy rentals, whatever! I'm quickly learning sponsors can come from anywhere! And every little bit helps.

Great idea - but we own all our equipment. :D

Also, staying local helps - we spent over $300 just on fuel for our last outing.

Dave, I'm sure you do... and short of a table or two and a trailer, we now own all our equipment... but for newer teams who might need help, these ideas can be life-savers in the short term.

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't helpful and definately nice to have.

That is good thinking. Nothing wrong with asking, you never know how it may turn out. Will this be a sponsor for this contest only, or will it be longer lasting.

icemn62 said:
That is good thinking. Nothing wrong with asking, you never know how it may turn out. Will this be a sponsor for this contest only, or will it be longer lasting.

I only asked for this contest. We may ask for the DeSoto contest but there won't be nearly as many people there so the attraction of being a sponsor might not be as good. We're thinking of asking another company or just paying the rental for that one. We already have meat sponsors for that and my teammate paid the entry fee since I paid the Royal. We just need the trailer for about 2 more days than normal with the Royal so this made sense. Now if he WANTS to do the trailer a second time, why I wouldn't turn him down. :D

As for next year, we will plan to have a trailer of our own purchased and ready to roll come April when we head out!

Back