Vending at BBQ Competitions

T

T.K.

My wife and I have competed & vended at 2 competitions this year and have many more planned.

What desserts & sides do other teams vend at bbq comps? I'm just trying to get some ideas that is fairly cheap & easy.

Thanks

My wife and I have competed & vended at 2 competitions this year and have many more planned.

What desserts & sides do other teams vend at bbq comps? I'm just trying to get some ideas that is fairly cheap & easy.

Thanks
Sweet tea in a styrafoam cup with ice, a lid, and a straw. Cheap to make easy to sell especially on a hot day.

Potato Salad in this area sells a lot more then cole slaw, I would say 3 to 1. I have learned to stay away from chicken. If I go to an event with 300 lbs of pork 200 lbs of chicken and 300 racks of ribs, I only bring about 10 - 20 lbs of chicken. I cannot tell you what to sell in your area. I see a lot of big ribbers from florida that sell cobbler. Good luck

Thanks for the reply. We have only served pork & ribs because I was afraid of the chicken drying out. Desserts seem to sell well and we have sold Peach Cobbler & Strawberry Shortcake.

Most Florida comps will not allow the teams to sell beverages.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. We have only served pork & ribs because I was afraid of the chicken drying out. Desserts seem to sell well and we have sold Peach Cobbler & Strawberry Shortcake.

Most Florida comps will not allow the teams to sell beverages.

Thanks
I went to the Plant City Pig Jam in your hometown in 06 & 07 and went to a vendor there each time that had great sweet tea and deserts

Back