Pulled Pork Devils Cut Quesadillas

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My buddy has been asking me for some pulled pork and this darn "pulled" throwdown came along so why not. At the same time my mother-in-law has had back surgery an my wife and I have been trying to help out with meals. My FIL loved the Jack Daniels sauce I made a few months ago so I thought I would share some of the pork with them and mix him some sauce. I forgot I was out of JD but I did have some Devils Cut in the house so I thought I'd give it a try.

Of the 15 or so pounds of pulled pork I think I kept about a pound. Oh well sharing it is as much fun as making it.

Here is the pork

PP1.jpg

Overnight cook

PP2.jpg

Now the sauce

DC1.jpg

roast some garlic

DC2.jpg

DC3.jpg

finished product

DC4.jpg

Put it all together with some roasted peppers, corn/black bean salsa, and MJ cheese.

Q1.jpg

Q3.jpg

Yum.

Even the 16 year old boy liked it. But really what won't a sixteen year old boy eat if he is hungry enough.

Thanks for looking.

You are very creative, no doubt your cooking skills and finished product reflect that. It looks great!

Great quesadillas Ric... Love the pork, the sauce, your kitchen and your back deck! :clap:

Sauce recipe please?:pray:

The sauce is based off of this recipe for a Jack Daniels "Top Secret Recipe"

I've never had the sauce that this recipe is supposed to be cloning so I can't speak to how close it is to the original.

I didn't have Jack Daniels in the house so I just used what I had around. And yes I know there is a difference between Bourbon and Tennessee Whiskey.

That said the Devils Cut seemed like a good substitute.

I went pretty much off the recipe except I made a double batch, made sure to use minced raw onion (not minced dried onion) and probably doubled the amount of crushed pineapple from what the recipe called for. I also used 1.5 x the amount of alcohol. The last time I made this sauce I didn't like the consistency so I ended up blending it at the end. This time I decided to blend it at the beginning and was happier with the results.

This is a very sweet sauce and has very little heat. I was really making it for my father in law who loves sweet sauces and does not care for much, if any, heat. For myself I would double or triple the cayenne. I actually think if you minced up some habaneros and let those cook down it would be great.

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/T-G-I-Fridays-Jack-Daniels-Grill-Glaze-Recipe.html

Back