New Offset Build

Nice work! Is the firebox insulated, and can you post pics of the inside of the firebox when you get a chance?

Looks like a fun winter time project. What was the barrel that you are using, it looks like an old propane tank?

Progress

More progress over the weekend. Stacks on, counter weights installed along with a ton of other misc items.

Attachments

• IMAG0405.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMAG0412.jpg
    IMAG0412.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0407.jpg
    IMAG0407.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 238
It's been a fun build for this ice cold winter. The low tonight will be -23 degrees. Glad to have a heated shop for this build.

More Progress

Made more progress on the new BBQ pit again this weekend. Baffle plate is in and the cooking racks done.

Attachments

• IMAG0017-s.jpg
    IMAG0017-s.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0029-s.jpg
    IMAG0029-s.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 239
  • IMAG0031-s.jpg
    IMAG0031-s.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 239
A couple of weeks ago I started building a new offset trailer unit. Hope to have it completed in the spring.

How big is that box you made? I am in the process of making my own smoker with 250 gallon tank as well.

As you can see from the pics, mine is a Reverse Flow. If you're not too far along with your build, I would suggest you take a look at going with Reverse flow. I currently own both and wouldn't ever go with straight flow again. I get much better temperature control with the reverse flow.

What ever you decide, use the Feldon calculator as your guide. I also suggest checking out http://www.smokerbuilder.com

Yes I can't afford any more sheet metal so I may convert later. I also have the stack already in place. Thanks for all your help.

I hear ya about the cost of sheet steel. You got to do what you can afford to do.
Good luck with the build and feel free to fire any questions at me that you may have.

Back