View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 03:01 AM   #75
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militant83 View Post
I don't care for the WSM personally, I've used them in the past. And this purchase isn't just for competitions, I also wanted a nice insulated cooker that will hold up well in the cold Ohio winters if I chose to cook over the winter.

Well guys, as much as I wanted to try to get to a comp this weekend and see some cookers in person, that is now a no go. Work isn't wanting to play well with me taking the time off unfortunately. So it looks like this will end up being a sight unseen purchase unless I can get down to the KCBS event in Cincinnati in October.
To be honest, imo going to a comp and looking is a great idea in theory, but in real world application won't give you much more info than what you get right here and on manufacturers sites. Think about it, when I ask someone about their pit, that they maybe invested a few thousand in, hardly ever do I get a response of "gee its ok but I probably wouldn't buy it if I had it to do all over again." Basically, everyone seems to love the pit they invested in. It is just human nature really. Look on this site for instance, is there really a lot of guys trash talking the pit that they use? Not much. Yeah it would be nice to swing by a comp and see them in person, but it isn't like you would get to actually use any of them, and I doubt you would get a ton of unbiased opinion. Not a knock in any way on fellow brethren, its just the nature of the beast. And besides, I think the majority of people here have probably bought their pits site unseen as well.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote