Sleeping at comps (sort of)

Cigarbque

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I need to buy something to attempt a bit of shut eye at comps. For about the same money I can get a decent cot or a good zero gravity style lounge chair. Cabelas has their good one on sale for $79.00 right now.

Looking for opinions from folks who have used both? What do you prefer? What do you get the most use from? Thanks.

I use a zero gravity. But if you're a side sleeper, get a cot. If you get a zero gravity, Cabelas also has an XL. Extra space is a little nice. And it's one less chair to take.

I use a zero gravity. But if you're a side sleeper, get a cot. If you get a zero gravity, Cabelas also has an XL. Extra space is a little nice. And it's one less chair to take.

I am BBS and I support this statement :biggrin:

Both, You can get a good z-gravity around $50 with all of the summer sales!

2 back surgeries, side sleeper and snore but NOTHING compares to my XL gravity chair and a blankey for some quick zzzzz's! :cool:

Brian, did you sleep in my anti-gravity chair or was that Sal? I like taking a break in it but the little cot with air mattress I have in my trailer is better than bed at home!

The good thing about the chairs, though, is that they pull double duty. You can relax in em during the day then recline all the way back at night.

I rarely sleep at comps but when i do I use an aero bed in my van or the cabelas XL chair

Trust me - BBS could sleep through a train wreck during a bomb explosion.

He slept through County HB...even louder than a train wreck.

I'd vote for ear plugs over a chair or cot. When 10:00pm rolls around some people have a completely different definition of "quiet" than I do.

I hated the zero gravity and loved the nice xlarge nylon cot ... well, til I got a mattress.

I plug in the guru and head to the hotel after loading up the backwoods lol

before our trailer ... I always slept well in a wide cot. A lot of booze helps too. In fact after several crown and cokes and my cot I have been know to let a fire or two go out.

I have a gravity chair but seem to never sleep much but Wal-Mart has a nice cot that is comfortable.

I use my XL zero gravity chair all the time (home, camping, BBQing, etc.). Love it lots. I can nap for a few minutes in the chair, but couldn't sleep in it all night because I'm a side sleeper.

When I need some sleep, I usually end up in the car for a few hours. I've thought about buying a cot, but I'm not sure I'd get too much sleep at the cooksite anyway (too much noise from something or somebody).

Air mattresses are cheap. Buddy of mine tosses one in the back of his van.

Back