• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Should complete my UDS mod tonight (pRon).

kylersk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A teaser for now..

1244648176.jpg

OK, man, maybe a dumb question but if it drafts so good and all, why do you need a blower?

Ok, here's my $6 Stoker. Got the temp controller from work, one of the buttons has a rip in it and it doenst always work. Paid $6 for the computer blower. Tested it a bit last night, and it should work awesome! I had to add a part, because the fan wasnt turning on and off like it should and when I was testing, I'd just disconnect it and reconnect it when the temp controller wanted to.

The biggest reason for this is for overnight cooks. I've found that once you set the drum, it'll hold temp for hours, but occasionally it'll start to drop and I have to adjust the vent a bit. Hopefully, not anymore!

The big test will be this friday when I do 6 pork butts on it overnight...

1244673036.jpg

Mark, I tried to make a blower out of fans like yours, but couldnt get enough air flow, even though the fan had 22CFM, once constricted, hardly nothing came out. Never thought of doubling up the fans like that! Great idea!

I am guilty as well. Both mine are Stoked....

can't say I paid $6.00, but it does a great job!

Attachments

• IMG_6978jpg.jpg
    IMG_6978jpg.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 154
I need to know how that baby is all wired up. I havea contriller, temp probs but need a fan.

Looks cool.

My temp controller runs off of 110ac and has a 12vdc output, but was only capable of supplying 40mA's. The fan draws about 170mA's so I had to add an external powersupply and an opto-Isolator to the system. Found an old power adapter that plugs into a wall outlet and provided me the 12vdc and was capable of providing 300mA's.
So, basically the temp controller turns the opto on and off while the opto switches the fan on and off.

My temp controller runs off of 110ac and has a 12vdc output, but was only capable of supplying 40mA's. The fan draws about 170mA's so I had to add an external powersupply and an opto-Isolator to the system. Found an old power adapter that plugs into a wall outlet and provided me the 12vdc and was capable of providing 300mA's.
So, basically the temp controller turns the opto on and off while the opto switches the fan on and off.

Way over my head but I am curious about setting this up. What about a list of parts that I could go out and hunt for?

Back