Smoke Stix

At $2.99 each it might be worth giving it a try. I can see using those in my kettle too.

What's wrong with using a piece of REAL wood without a bunch of binders????
Duh.
Stick Burners Rule!!!!

No binders in smoke stix.... just the natural lignon in the wood.
And folks might use those instead of splits to get a more controlled burn, or smoke from a fully dried and cured wood.

I know I'm a pellet head these days.... but I can still dust off the stick burner anytime I want.... and those smoke stix burn nice and even (esp. over a bed of coals in a charcoal basket.)

Those look pretty cool I might have to give them a try sometime just to see what they are like.

Might be great for cold smoking cheese and such. And it's only $2.99 for a 2 lb log?

What's wrong with using a piece of REAL wood without a bunch of binders????
Duh.
Stick Burners Rule!!!!

I agree. I love my Klose and I haven't been able to match the flavor I get from and all wood fire. I use my WSM and UDS more then the Klose and like them both but it just doesn't compare to what I can get with my stick burner.

HOWEVER, I do use the BBQr's Delight pelllets (haven't tried the smokin sticks yet)quite often in my WSM. It is a great way to try different "flavors" of woods when you don't have real wood available. Here in Texas I can get hickory, oak, mesguite all day long but orange, sassafras, sugar maple, etc are kinda hard to get. With these you can try different flavors. Real wood, pellets, different types of cooker, they are all tools in our BBQ arsenals.

Pellets are 100% real wood. Just tiny. :wink:

True, but they don't burn very long :p. I love the smell of the sugar maple ones. BBQr's delight are wonderful.
I guess what I meant when I said real wood was an all wood fire compared to using wood pellets just for smoke.

True, but they don't burn very long :p. I love the smell of the sugar maple ones. BBQr's delight are wonderful.
I guess what I meant when I said real wood was an all wood fire compared to using wood pellets just for smoke.

Wood Pellets aren't just for smoke, they are for fuel too, just like a stick fire. They are real wood, I swear, no fillers:lol: Now in my old gas grill (RIP), I used them just for smoke flavor.... but in my CS or FEC, they are the fuel and the flavor :)

Back