Apple Smoked Bacon

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Somewhere in the past, someone recommended "Apple Smoked Bacon".
I can not find that in a search.

Anyway, I asked Karen to shop a "Chi-Chi" place in Tallahassee (Fresh Market) while she was there a few months ago.
She brought home a pound of thick sliced Apple Smoked Bacon at $7.95 :twisted:
Fark, I am a ROF on a fixed income :twisted:
I threw it into the freezer and calmed down. :lol:

Cooked it up today and all I can say is "WOW"!
Smelled wonderful from the package and even better when cooked!
Bold flavor!
I have never, ever tasted that much difference in bacon taste!!!!

She now has my blessing to buy all of it the Master Card will allow :lol:

TIM

Kapn, I hear ya......sticker shock for sure. Gonne try and make me some bacon here at home. Wow 8 dollars a pound.......

Mike

Nueske's makes a crazy good applesmoked bacon-- I think it starts at $20/2 pounds. A little goes a long way though. I usually eat a ton too much bacon, but I could have just a 1/2 ton of the Nueske's and be happy.

The_Kapn said:
Somewhere in the past, someone recommended "Apple Smoked Bacon".
I can not find that in a search.

Anyway, I asked Karen to shop a "Chi-Chi" place in Tallahassee (Fresh Market) while she was there a few months ago.
She brought home a pound of thick sliced Apple Smoked Bacon at $7.95 :twisted:
Fark, I am a ROF on a fixed income :twisted:
I threw it into the freezer and calmed down. :lol:

Cooked it up today and all I can say is "WOW"!
Smelled wonderful from the package and even better when cooked!
Bold flavor!
I have never, ever tasted that much difference in bacon taste!!!!

She now has my blessing to buy all of it the Master Card will allow :lol:

TIM

Check out that thread about making bacon and do some yourself smoked with apple wood. :mrgreen:

bacon

do an internet search of that brand bacon and try to find cheaper sources while you experiment with your own attempts...Wi-Doe

Good find Kapn !!...

About a year ago, I bought some excellent All Natural Apple Smoked Bacon at Whole Foods Market once (can't recall the brand name, only the package colors)... It was the best bacon I had up to that point... Next time I went there about three months later, they did not have it...but had a similar brand...not nearly as good...

The Nueske (apple smoked from Wisconsin) is really good and has more of a BBQ taste than normal bacon and does not have as much loss either (but it is very strong flavored). I also really like Niman Ranch (they does a cured or uncured) it is a little sweeter and less smokey but alos very good. I also use Scheller & Weber which comes in a slab and is really dense, good smoke and very meaty. I find most of these bacons better in a dish than on there own (I made a BLT recently with Nueske and my wife commented that all she could taste was the bacon) and a little goes a long way.

Back