Ideas for cherry wood?

S

SheppsBBQ

I went to my local apple orchard looking for apple wood but all they had was cherry. They had huge boxes of split cherry logs for only $8 each so I bought two! I've used other fruitwoods, hickory, mesquite, and pecan but never cherry. What does it pair well with? Do any particular recipes come to mind? Thanks for the help!

Cherry is no good to smoke with. I suggest you box it up and ship it to me for safe disposal. :becky:

Actually Cherry is one of the finest smoke woods that exists. It has a slightly sweet, mild smokiness that complements most foods.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys, off to the store to see what meats look good!

I've got some apple wood. We got three large trees and I had to cut the fork out of one a few years back. I saved all the wood. That's my preferred taste. Not sure how to get it to you. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

Cherry is one of my favorites, it give off a sweet smoke flavor and it gives ribs a great color.

BV

Cherry works well with any meat. The one thing though with Cherry is that it will give a reddish hue and a darker color to your meats.

I can't think of anything that cherry doesn't smoke well. You'll like it.

I can't think of anything that cherry doesn't smoke well. You'll like it.

Agreed. Pecan has been my go-to for 90% of what I've done...but the next time my wood place has cherry available, I'm grabbing some.

All I use is Cherry, on pork, beef, pork and more beef.
But you could use cherry if you want.
Did I mention Cherry is a great wood to use :laugh:

i use cherry and hickory all the time for most anything. I haven't used apple or pear wood since i feel in love with cherry.

Back