i made pasta and shrimp and crabmeat alfredo this weekend.....

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
the missus was wanting some fresh pasta and i found a new source for some fine crabmeat at about 20% less than i normally pay and i had some shrimp left over in the freezer from last season, so, i decided to do some alfredo....

i also had some leftover rosemary garlic bread, so i decided to make some homemade croutons for the salad... cubed bread, 3 tbs olive oil, garlic powder, parsley.....baked on 300 for about a half hour turning at least once.....

threw a bloody mary in here somewhere.....

also decided to move the sour beers to a new location in the house....that's a batch one duck duck gueuze and a 2008 c&c la folie.....

this was the "lite" version that uses some half and half and whole milk instead of straight heavy cream....

the white lump is buried under the claw meat in the bowl....

ths shrimp, peeled and de-veined.....

setting the sauce in the pasta prior to completing the dish.....

surely thought the last pic would have been the whole shebang in a smoker of some sort.

surely thought the last pic would have been the whole shebang in a smoker of some sort.

i've never thought about doing that. i'm not sure how the fresh pasta would be with the smoke. it would surely be interesting.

Extruded or machine rolled pasta? Looks good and love making pasta. Tough finding winter semolina though is`nt it?

machine rolled....kitchen aid pasta attachment......i'd love to do it the old way like my grandparents and the generations before them did, but......this way is too easy.

machine rolled....kitchen aid pasta attachment......i'd love to do it the old way like my grandparents and the generations before them did, but......this way is too easy.
I tried a recipe many moons ago that included EVOO only to learn that oil disrupts gluten production.I now develop as much gluten as possible for a more stable pasta.

Ummm...your alfredo looks so creamy...care to share your recipe/method

Do I see some McCarty's? That pasta looks delicious...you have me wanting to make some now.

Thanks!!

That is McCarty pottery. We have a TON of it. We have been family friends for decades.

Ummm...your alfredo looks so creamy...care to share your recipe/method

Sure. This is what I did this time....

the alfredo is....

8 ounces parmesan shredded
8 ounces parmigiano reggiano shredded
6-8 green onions chopped
4-6 pieces of garlic minced
about a half a stick of butter
1 pound shrimp peeled and de-veined
1 pound of crabmeat
1/4 cup chopped italian flat leaf parsley
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 pint half and half
4-8 ounces of whole milk
fresh cracked pepper to taste
salt to taste (the cheese is already salty)

melt butter and add in garlic and the bottom parts of the green onions and garlic and let that soften. add in the whole container of heavy cream and half and half along with the whole milk and the parsley and heat that up slowly and let simmer about ten minutes. slowly add in all the cheese, stirring the whole time. add in the sauteed shrimp and the crabmeat and let that simmer about ten minutes.

in a pan, put the cooked pasta along with several scoops of the sauce and heat that up on low stirring the whole time (to "set" the sauce). pour all that in a large bowl and add in the rest of the sauce and then garnish it with the tops of the green onions and some additional parsley.

Looks incredible, and excellent choice on the matilda - definitely one of my favorite domestic Belgian styles

Back