• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

We need a left handed Therapen.

I am right handed and would like a left handed T-pen. I use it in my left hand while stirring with my right. I can read it upside down but it would be nice.

I don't have a Thermapen yet...But I do have several Super-fast RT600c that I would love to have in a left hand model so I dont have to read them upside down...I've considered some of the handheld models for that reason...But the RT600c works well and is cheap...

I am lefty. Never noticed a problem. I largely feel bad for righties..do you know they switch their knife and fork hand to cut..then go back to eat.. what a waste of time that must be

A left handed thermapen would be great. I would rather have my tongs in my right hand and the Thermapen in the left. Right now I have it in my left all twisted and contorted while moving things around the grate.

I need a left handed one badly! I do many things right handed but the thermapen wants to be in my left hand (I am left handed) when I turn stuff, etc. Really bugs me!

As a southpaw I am a discriminated against handi-capped minority I believe I will be calling J. Noble Dagget Esq. in the am and seek damages. All you right handed smokers put down the left handed Lucky's and send them to me. :))

I am lefty. Never noticed a problem. I largely feel bad for righties..do you know they switch their knife and fork hand to cut..then go back to eat.. what a waste of time that must be

That is an American thing. I'm a dual citizen and carry a Danish passport in addition to my American one. My dining habits come from my Danish side and we don't switch the utensils when we eat, either.

Most Europeans are like that.

I'm pretty ambidextrous but I'd have ordered a lefty version knowing what I know now. Seems like I usually have it in my left hand and I'm always looking at the back of it, roll it over, and then kinda tilt my head to read it. :loco:

That is an American thing. I'm a dual citizen and carry a Danish passport in addition to my American one. My dining habits come from my Danish side and we don't switch the utensils when we eat, either.

Most Europeans are like that.

I'm not a dual citizen and I do that. :wacko: :wink:

I'm also a southpaw, but have had to adapt to a right-handed world. Because I started using the right-handed Thermopen and have gotten used to it, I would actually find it rather difficult to change over to a left-handed one now.

It's like golf, since I started with a right-hand set, I couldn't use a left-handed set if I tried.

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Russ

I could go for a lefty for sure. I cant tell you how many times I go to prop and end up looking at the back of the Thermapen D'OH!!!!!!

I'm also a southpaw, but have had to adapt to a right-handed world. Because I started using the right-handed Thermopen and have gotten used to it, I would actually find it rather difficult to change over to a left-handed one now.

It's like golf, since I started with a right-hand set, I couldn't use a left-handed set if I tried.

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Russ

Me too, but it is my excuse for my golf

The official response from ThermoWorks.

Why don't you have a left-handed Thermapen?
Interesting question. My wife Suzette is left-handed and she's always thought the opposite. She prefers to use her dominant hand to wield the roasting pan, grasp the food with tongs, stir, or whatever else she's doing in combination with the one-handed temperature measurement. Thus, in her opinion, it's best to hold the Thermapen in her right hand while she uses her dominant hand for the other tasks.
Don't buy that? While the Thermapen isn't quite as ambidextrously switchable as a screwdriver or a hammer, it's pretty close. It can easily be gripped in a number of ways. I hold my Thermapen in both my left hand and right hand depending on what I'm doing. Still I empathize with anybody who's left-handed and wishes the Thermapen were reversed. So, if our engineers can ever figure out a no-cost way to do that in the next Thermapen, we'll consider doing it. Meanwhile, switch-hit.
–Randy

Back