• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

If you had to chose between these 3 comps.....

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
......Birch Run, MI or Lincoln, IL or Kenosha, WI......which would you recommend?

Thinking of a last minute addition to our August schedule and I can squeeze one of these in between 2 others.

Anyone done more than one of these before?
We've not done any of them in past years.

???

I've cooked Kenosha and Birch Run. Both good contests. I've heard nothing but good things about Lincoln... Hope that helps.... ;)

Kenosha sucks. Terrible. Stay away.

:becky:

OK... Seriously...

Kenosha is in a great location right along the lake and when we were there two years ago it was well run. I've heard good things about last year. It could be a pain for you to get to because of construction in NW Indiana and SE Wisconsin.

We haven't cooked the other two but I have heard good things about Lincoln and they have a nice prize pool.

We chose Kenosha because it is 90 miles from home.

I've cooked Kenosha and Birch Run. Both good contests. I've heard nothing but good things about Lincoln... Hope that helps.... ;)

Yeah, really narrows it down for me Scottie. :laugh:

Which one are you gonna be cooking? :rolleyes: :becky:

You don't want to go to Birch Run. MI teams are mean. :-D

I was at Birch Run last year and it was well run. They have a lot more stuff going on this year. I am taking the wife to Death's Door that weekend.

Yeah, really narrows it down for me Scottie. :laugh:

Which one are you gonna be cooking? :rolleyes: :becky:

Kenosha is an outstanding location along the lake. Birch Run has Ztony's massive BLT sandwiches. Right now I am having probablems getting Friday off. So either Kenosha or Lincoln and I will arrive late...

So, wait.....that's TWO Michiganders who have told me I'm not welcome there....... :twitch:

Skeert izya? :boxing::heh::laugh:

Wampus - Come to Birch Run, the team there will take care of you.1st bag of ice free, Free Dinner and Beer Friday night, free Breakfast from Tony's (as seen on TV for their HUGE amounts of Bacon) Saturday morning, big spaces and a $10K prize pool.

I must fully disclose that I do help plan the event for the Chamber of Commerce...

Plus we never made it over to see you guys in New Pal...

Hey Kempis,

I have only competed in Kenosha and it's a beautiful venue. No free breakfast, or dinner, just a pretty sunrise. If I were you knowing where you live, Lincoln would be my choice because of driving distance. But after knowing you would drive to Dillard and Alabama for a comp, throw that logic out the door. I would still do Lincoln because $15,000 vs. $10,000 vs. $9,000, more bang for your buck...plus Rich will be there. Good luck in your choice and whatever comp you do.

That's a ways away from 25 one would think with the $ and the great reviews it would be full

According to their FB, Birch run added 2 teams yesterday and our App is in the mail so that makes 21. JT would make 22 :-D I've only done Birch Run and it is a good contest that is very well run. We'd love to have you as long as you don't beat up on me too bad :)

Well, Lincoln, Il is closer to you and the payout is a lot more than the other two. Plus that is a great contest. I have judged it since they started it. All kinds of other things going on to.

Back