current pitmaker vaults

tubby384

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I just ordered a Pitmaker vault and was wondering if anyone has a newer model? I just spoke to Pete and he said they no longer use the butterfly design for the exhaust and they started to tighten up the slide on the intake. I did ask if their pits are airtight and he said the slide on the intake is not airtight, so I am asking if any brethren that has a current model been experiencing runaway temps? If so, is there a mod for the slider that will make it airtight or will it cook down to 225/w guru? I tried to order a ball valve setup, but the cooker was too far into the build, so I will have to live with the slide design. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I saw a Mod someone had done on the intake using an electrical box cover that had a Ball valve mounted to it. it had long bolts that passed through the intake slot with a piece of flat steel on the inside that braced against the inner wall once the nuts where tightened the pit wall was sandwichedbetween the flat steel & the cover. There was a Gasket on the O/S to make it air tight. It was a slick fix to that problem.

I believe you can order it with the ball valve intake. I would give them a call and find out. Sorry I reread your post never mind. Check with rabeb25 he had a mod for his

Back