Results from my 20lb pork butt smoke (Pron Inside!)

newbie_smoker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I cooked 2 butts today on the smoker. I only have pics of the smaller one as I am waiting on the larger one to cool a little before pulling it but I am very happy with my results. Only thing I want to do is whip up some more rub to sprinkle in with the meat as these butts were so thick that the bark/meat ratio isn't as even as I'd like. Anyway here is the promised pron. Sorry for the lighting/quality but my kitchen is poorly lit.

IMG_20130509_202143_205_zps1dbedf5e.jpg
IMG_20130509_202209_251_zps76b27814.jpg

The reason why the side is blown out is the bone was triangular shaped and obviously took out a potion when I pulled it out but it came out with no resistance whatsoever.

IMG_20130509_202527_069_zps199c982d.jpg
IMG_20130509_203416_617_zpsf0e9bbfc.jpg

Looks great to me too!! Dibs on any leftovers. :grin:

Wow, color & bark looks great! I'd be happy with that product. Anybody wondering about the butt supply - seems like everybody has been cooking a bunch of butts the last few weeks?

Good job.
Yrs. ago I got this piece of advice from my father:
'When it's done, take it off'...
Simplistic, but lots of old time cooks and BBQ men
didn't own a thermometer. They just knew when it was done...
You obviously knew when to pull your Butts off the fire...
Looks great.

Last edited:
:thumb:Mmmm Can you say Pork-A-Licious The only thing I see wrong there is I aint eating any:mmph:

Thanks for taking the time to look! Feedback on here is part of the reason why cooking is so enjoyable for me. After pulling I had 6 gallon sized zip lock baggies all at least half-way full. Froze 3, taking 2 camping with us this weekend and I gave the last bag to a couple co-workers of mine that love bbq, along with some of my homemade sauce of course.

Thanks for taking the time to look! Feedback on here is part of the reason why cooking is so enjoyable for me. After pulling I had 6 gallon sized zip lock baggies all at least half-way full. Froze 3, taking 2 camping with us this weekend and I gave the last bag to a couple co-workers of mine that love bbq, along with some of my homemade sauce of course.

I put about a cup of chicken stock in my ziplock bags. Helps to keep things juicy when reheating. I also flatten the bags out as flat as possible and spread them out across the bottom of my freezer. Once they're frozen, I can stack all six "flat" frozen bag on top of each other. Saves lots of space.

Rock on dude. looks like you're well on your way..... :mrgreen:

Back