Boudin Score!

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We just had another Cajun meat market open here. This makes two. It's great not to have to haul it back from down South!

2d136mc.jpg

11m884i.jpg

aph5r6.jpg

1497fh0.jpg

Going to try to work out way through most of the menu!

Thanks for Lookin'.

That menu is the coolest thing I've seen today. :clap2:

I've been wanting to make boudin - I've only had it a couple times and I farking loved it.

That menu is the coolest thing I've seen today. :clap2:

I've been wanting to make boudin - I've only had it a couple times and I farking loved it.

The rice content was a little high in this boudin. The other place we buy from (Mojo's) keeps the rice content to around 3% which is great!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Hey Toast, if that last picture is Bergeron's Boudin, those large pieces of meat in the contents are not standard processing in Cajun Boudin. Those pieces of pork are much too large. But I must admit, the rest of it looks great.

"ENJOY".....

Hey Toast, if that last picture is Bergeron's Boudin, those large pieces of meat in the contents are not standard processing in Cajun Boudin. Those pieces of pork are much too large. But I must admit, the rest of it looks great.

"ENJOY".....

I thought they were large too. The boudin we get from Mojo's is finely chopped seasoned pork with very little rice.

Thanks!

Yeah I've never seen chunks of meat that big before either. Wouldn't slow me down though! Man give me a couple of links, some saltine crackers, and a big glass of sweet tea and I've got a meal! Love that stuff.

Man, I love boudin!!! I always had to wait for a guy to come through here from Louisiana to get some. The other day I did find some at one of the Wall-Marts around the area though. It actually carries some that aint too bad. I was pretty excited to find that.

Man, I love boudin!!! I always had to wait for a guy to come through here from Louisiana to get some. The other day I did find some at one of the Wall-Marts around the area though. It actually carries some that aint too bad. I was pretty excited to find that.

WalMart stores here carry Zummo's Boudin, out of Beaumont. It is actually pretty good stuff. I buy it fresh when I go to Port Arthur, and up here, it is one of the few things that will get me inside a WalMart.

Indirect heat on the redhead, until the skin is nice an crispy is my way. Done that way, you can eat the whole thing, skin and all.

CD

Or you could just make your own.....

I used:

Natural Casings

Boudin & Smoked Sausage:

5lb beef roast
5lb pork roast
2lb of ground beef
2lb of ground pork

5 jalopeno's
5 Serrano's
2 tbl spoons red pepper
1/3 cup SM / PC
1/4 cup Minced garlic
3tbl Spoons Mortons Sugar Cure

Boudin only
2 cups dry rice / prepared
1lb of pork liver
2 tbl spoons Tony Sacherie's
1/8 cup Bell pepper
1/8 cup Celery
1/8 cup Onion
Sautee Veg till Soft in olive oil.

Smoked @ 200° till 165° I.T. With Pecan wood...
attachment.php

razrbkcrzy, that is some mighty fine lookin' sausage there!

WalMart stores here carry Zummo's Boudin, out of Beaumont. It is actually pretty good stuff. I buy it fresh when I go to Port Arthur, and up here, it is one of the few things that will get me inside a WalMart.

Indirect heat on the redhead, until the skin is nice an crispy is my way. Done that way, you can eat the whole thing, skin and all.

Thanks, CD! Have looked at Zummo's but haven't bought it. Will check it out.

Back