odd find

I can't fathom using newspapers to grill anything. Perhaps the grill parts could be put to a better use.

I remember seeing an infomercial for either this product or one by another name back in the 90's. They were grilling the mess out of stuff just using newspapers. It would be fun to see how it works for $3 :becky:

I have used one of these, my mom bought it for me on a lark years ago. It worked great, burned nice and hot, you could use stuff other than newsprint of course. Actually, when I was trapped in a 'no smoke' apartment, this little beauty was great. Burned so hot and fast, there was no smoke to complain about.

Is it a chimney?

Looks like a chimney starter with a grill on top... which I've actually used to cook a steak hot and real fast.

This starts out looking like something completely different, but I figured you guys would like it anyway. After the beach scene is the original commercial/infomercial for the grill.
[ame]http://youtu.be/jBCrMDgeRY4[/ame]

We had one when I was a kid. About 40-45 yrs ago. Don't remember how it cooked though.

I'd pay $3 for the grates as well! Great find my fellow Picker!

I used to have one of these as a novelty back in the 90's. I even grilled on it some. You could do a batch of burgers in about 5 minutes and be eating. not the greatest but better than I expected it to be.

that is so funny. typical 80's ad. i went through the 80's and don't remember much of all that. to busy with work , family and dirt bike riding. ads fron then still fascinate me. also labling a weber kettle "ordinary" is a hoot. also i bet most of those gals are grandmothers !
i will try it one of these days just for giggles.

that is so funny. typical 80's ad. i went through the 80's and don't remember much of all that. to busy with work , family and dirt bike riding. ads fron then still fascinate me. also labling a weber kettle "ordinary" is a hoot. also i bet most of those gals are grandmothers !
i will try it one of these days just for giggles.

I know!! Right???

Back