Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' @ the Ballpark Old Orchard Beach, ME

Hmmmmmm.....We are not currently in and I honestly am not sure that I can afford it...that being said it is the anniversary of our virgin contest and 4 top 4 calls out of 6 categories.

Damn we need a sponsor.

I'll be there.............judging.

1st time judging and looking forward to it.

Good luck to all.

I'm in, doesnt seem like it will come close to a qualifier. Hope they have us on the field and not in the back alley like last year.

Email response to me this am stated 17 teams signed up. IF and only IF I make 18 they still need 7 teams to make the qualifier. The money is good though.

I wish I could, if it were fri/sat i'd be in, have a prior obligation on sun. Good luck to those going!!

Last minute update.

Yes they have the declaration for state championships. Right now there are 17 teams paid and The Basic BBQ Team makes 5 committed to show up and pay...22 down three to go to make the qualifier. The money is good. Come on down its a Sat/Sun event.

Last minute update.

Yes they have the declaration for state championships. Right now there are 17 teams paid and The Basic BBQ Team makes 5 committed to show up and pay...22 down three to go to make the qualifier. The money is good. Come on down its a Sat/Sun event.

Still need 25 teams as a qualifier by KCBS standards for a 2nd year contest though...correct?

Was it a qualifier last year? If not this would be the first year as a qualifier per the Jack and only 15 teams needed.

Was it a qualifier last year? If not this would be the first year as a qualifier per the Jack and only 15 teams needed.

1st year contests only need 15 teams to be a qualifier, correct? I believe it was a qualifier last year as there were 17 teams (if memory is correct) that competed.

guess it would depend if they had 15 teams last year and the proclomation. (1st year qualifier).

i do not know. guess i could look it up. :grin:

*edit*

well, there were 17 teams, and talk of it being a state championship last year in threads i just searched.

would appear 25 is necessary.

just like last year, i'm 1 trip to RD and an entry fee away, i'll make the last minute proposition, i'll post my results....

not sure why this one flies under my radar.

Last edited:
I don't remember if the proclamation was given for the contest last year or not? I want to say no, but I could be wrong.

I don't remember if the proclamation was given for the contest last year or not? I want to say no, but I could be wrong.

guess it would depend if they had 15 teams last year and the proclomation. (1st year qualifier).

i do not know. guess i could look it up. :grin:

*edit*

well, there were 17 teams, and talk of it being a state championship last year in threads i just searched.

would appear 25 is necessary.

just like last year, i'm 1 trip to RD and an entry fee away, i'll make the last minute proposition, i'll post my results....

not sure why this one flies under my radar.

Looking at the site, KCBS listed it as a qualifier last year so yep, it would need 25.

$7500 prize pool, not bad for a small event.

Just FYI the website says $7500 Cash and Prizes. Trophies are considered part of that pool. Also they planned to pay out some of the cash to a peoples choice contest. This year there was not enough participants so they did not pay out the peoples choice contest.

What is actually in the KCBS sanctioning is $5700. The organizers slightly shorted that and are sending checks to balance out.

So FYI for next year if you are only cooking KCBS check the sanctioned amount and not the contest website.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Back