BBQ team name?

BigBobBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been working with a guy I know to come up with a name for his cooking team and wanted to know if anyone knew of a team sing anything close to

Re-di-Que-less BBQ.

I want to build something around this name play on words if it is not in use. I have one some searching and did not find anything but you comp. guys know more about where to look than I do.

I looked through both KCBS and MBN lists and didn't see anything close. I also Googled a few variations of the name with no result. I think you're good.

please for the love of everything holy leave out the hyphens. no hyphens, no single quotes, or apostrophes.

Reps are NEVER going to consistently spell that name right. Which means you will always have issues with your team of the year points, you have have issues with checks made out to the team name on the score sheet and you can save your self and everyone else a lot of hassle by choosing a name that doesnt require someone to spend more than 2 seconds figuring out what it is.

please for the love of everything holy leave out the hyphens. no hyphens, no single quotes, or apostrophes.

Reps are NEVER going to consistently spell that name right. Which means you will always have issues with your team of the year points, you have have issues with checks made out to the team name on the score sheet and you can save your self and everyone else a lot of hassle by choosing a name that doesnt require someone to spend more than 2 seconds figuring out what it is.

Very good points!!.. I'd also add, that more letters in a team name, it'll cause problems too on the score sheet. Also, after you come up with a name, get a couple of people to read it back to you. If it's different than what you think it should sound, then might need to change it.

I have been working with a guy I know to come up with a name for his cooking team and wanted to know if anyone knew of a team sing anything close to

Re-di-Que-less BBQ.

I want to build something around this name play on words if it is not in use. I have one some searching and did not find anything but you comp. guys know more about where to look than I do.

Why not just RediQless BBQ? I know it's not the same but Qless BBQ may be good.

the hyphens were always coming out it was there just to seperate it out for sound. We have some time to work on it but he likes RedicQless so now to design his logos and see what we can come up with.

There use to be a site that you could send your name to and check to see if someone else is using it. Can also register the name there too. I do not know if it still exist Maybe someone will put in wit a better memory than mine- BTW that is not hard

There use to be a site that you could send your name to and check to see if someone else is using it. Can also register the name there too. I do not know if it still exist Maybe someone will put in wit a better memory than mine- BTW that is not hard

I think this is what you are referring to:

http://www.bbqteamnames.com/

If you love your team name, trademark it.

I'm sure the bbqteamnames.com is a fine website, but if you look at the bottom of the page it looks like it hasn't been revised since 2007. :cool:

I can’t speak for the website, but I had my name checked and added last June, 2011. It is included in their master list and so maybe the owner hasn’t updated the updated date. IDK.

the hyphens were always coming out it was there just to seperate it out for sound. We have some time to work on it but he likes RedicQless so now to design his logos and see what we can come up with.

I get the play on the Q or the cQ for culous but either way RedicQless or RediQless doesn't read as smoothly as I think the original reference word starts with Ri, not Re (ex. ridiculous, not redicuolous).

Last edited:
I still think that any misspelled words are going to continue to be misspelled.

Really Good BBQ would be a better name and I dont think it is taken.

I still think that any misspelled words are going to continue to be misspelled.

Really Good BBQ would be a better name and I dont think it is taken.

why is it a better name ? If someone likes the name and that's more important to them than potential TOY points implication, why should it matter to that team ?

why is it a better name ? If someone likes the name and that's more important to them than potential TOY points implication, why should it matter to that team ?

because it is never going to be misspelled, mispronounced or cause you any issues.

Clearly they can do as they choose, but for me I wouldn't pick a name like that.

Back