Contest Announcment New York City BBQ Cookoff 2012

Am i reading that right???..We can get in to set up NO EARLIER than 530PM Saturday? Thats gonna be one mad rush for meat inspections.

I already emailed her and told her that doesn't fly. I dont like the later turn INS either

Clearly states that no smoking is allowed so this must be a propane event

wheres does it say turn ins are later? i didnt see a cooks packet.

50 bucks for basic electricity seems a little steep...

Looks like my schedule is not going to let me do this contest this year. I hope they work the bugs out and it has staying power. Be nice to have an early spring KCBS contest in the area

So it says "bring at least 20 pounds"

The way this is worded, I can cook the Pork at home...
Bring it in a cambro
And turn it in...

and only have to pay $50 for a chance to win $1000

No load in and out?

I signed up today, 275.00 for KCBS, People's Choice, and Electricity (25.00 discount for doing both). They are sharing the comp site with the Chili peeps, so the teams can't get in until the Chili peeps are out. I suppose you can cook chili to get in earlier. Love the idea of having an earlier comp in this area.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a huge gap in the GC and RGC prize money? Not to mention it's being held the same weekend as Pork in the Park?

I signed up today, 275.00 for KCBS, People's Choice, and Electricity (25.00 discount for doing both). They are sharing the comp site with the Chili peeps, so the teams can't get in until the Chili peeps are out. I suppose you can cook chili to get in earlier. Love the idea of having an earlier comp in this area.

ahhhh, so that prolly can't change then. i had emailed liz, but haven't heard back.

maybe we could get our meat inspected outside of the comp area...so we can start ya know ya know. :becky:

Is this a State Championship? I've emailed them twice but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
Mike

Back