Clocks for Competition

kihrer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
What is a good clock to use for competition? One that is easy to synchronize and allows you to set multiple alarms.

Thank you. This look like a nice option. As a benefit it's always nice to know that your cooking in 100 degree heat and that it isn't the pressure that's making you sweat:becky:

I think Sam's or Walmart sell an atomic clock for about $20. I have been using mine for the last couple of years and it has held up.

I have one that I bought from walmart a couple years ago, has an alarm clock, and temperature. Doesn't really matter which one you buy, they will all sync to the signal being produced by NIST in Boulder Colorado.

Thanks everyone. So is it a pretty sure bet that the clocks used at the comps will sync to official US time (NIST) or at least most of them?

Thanks everyone. So is it a pretty sure bet that the clocks used at the comps will sync to official US time (NIST) or at least most of them?

Every competition I have been to they use an atomic clock.

Save your money for beer just carry your box up when you see other teams head to the turn in tent! :becky:

Save your money for beer just carry your box up when you see other teams head to the turn in tent! :becky:
Haha - you haven't seen me run after drinking said beer:becky: That box may make it in time but it won't score well on presentation!

Every one of them that I've been to they have been using atomic clocks. If they are using an atomic clock, it is linking to NIST. Here is a link to the Time and Frequency division of NIST.

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/

We use this one from Radio Shack...$29.99. :thumb:

pRS1C-6073603w345.jpg

i just use my watch. 10 minutes is a wide window. if it gets tight, i check my phone, they are atomic time as well.

i find no need to have any more junk than i need.

This is the one I would recommend is Amazon.com: La Crosse Technology WT-8005U-S Atomic Digital Wall Clock with Indoor Temperature, Silver: Home & Garden. Sets to the same satelites as most rep clocks, has seconds, and includes temp if that tickles your fancy. Don't know about settable alarms, but I use my smartphone for that. Take out the batteries inbetween comps because it eats through them.

dmp

I burn't out the lacrosse in the sun now works like my spouse, only when she want to

:heh:

My iPhone is synced to the National Time Server and it has a timer. Of course, it goes to sleep. However, it is good for setting the proper time on a non synced timer.

CD

Thank you. This look like a nice option. As a benefit it's always nice to know that your cooking in 100 degree heat and that it isn't the pressure that's making you sweat:becky:

It didn't work for us last year.... 120 in the shade on black pavement:mad2:.:mad2:.:mad2:. I would have rather lied to myself and said my medication was off....

Back