Pitmaster T Build Series- Rennovating a Vintage Reverse Flow Pit (The Brazos)

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
YouTube - ‪Pitmaster T Build Series- Rennovating a Vintage Reverse Flow Pit‬‏

After retirement from competition and catering, in 2009 Pitmaster T became the Pitmaster for the First United Methodist Church of Dickinson, Texas while he pursued his tecahing certificate in Special Education. He formed a charity for "at risk" youth and families and set out to raise fund through charity BBQ's on every 3rd Sunday from May through October. But first he had to clean up this vintage 1980's pit. Come along to see just what it takes to clean out a beast like this and make it shine. In addition, there was the installation of a air management system for a Stoker air induction apparatus.

Link to the Brethren Video Portal Featuring this video.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109527

Last edited:
Oh Jesus Phil whats the problem now... LOL :p:p these are the same links one works in a comment post and the other won't work in the thread original post.

I had to repost the second code into the original first thread.

Bra-VO T. :clap2: If ya find yourself slightly NW, stop into Houston, and I'll buy ya some scotch, and pick your brain for pit modifications!!

Jack Daniels and its a deal... I think Against the Grain is a scotch drinker though.

That thumbnail for the video is very "Barbefunk" That happened accidentally... the picture of the jet of stuff entering the cavernous hole.

I was luck I didn't get MRSA. I use a specifically bent tool now. I plan on rebuilding the while God Awful firebox... It used to have a water pan... I have no idea where that went. I did love it so because we one time used that mesh for covering your gutters and made a 13 foot Fatty.

Back