• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turn in box question

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I could really use some help. I am learning my way with making the putting greens. I really like the idea od premaking them and then tranfering them into the official container when you are at the comps. Please bare with me I am a little dense sometimes. I have having trouble with moving it from one container to the next. How do you do this??? Are you making it on something like wax paper inside the box and picking it up? Somehow sliding it? It has just been a struggle so I thought I would be honest and ask for some help. I kave also hear of someone building a box. Then flipping it upside down. Then flipping it rightside up? Anyone tried this? Any time I can save would be huge. It is usually just me and my young daughter at comps.

We build the boxes in the official container. I suspect everyone does the same.

But I am working on an invisible organic parsley glue that I hope will be in stores soon.

We build them at the comp...but I am looking into genetically modifying parsley to grow like sod, as thick as astroturf, so I can just cut a square and lay it in the box.

I believe the Pickled Pig uses wax paper and makes them at home and just transfers them to the official boxes. I haven't tried it but i bet it would save a lot of time.

Alto speaking from experience its alot easier to just build them at the contest. I know its a pain but we have built much better boxes on site then using the transfer method. One thing to keep in mind with the transfer method is you still have to take time to fill in holes etc, and that takes time.

My wife and i split the duties. We will do them on saturday morning. If anything you can have a good conversation.

You can set some time aside and do them early friday. Just wet a papertowel and gently put on you finished greens then place in a cooler with a bed of ice.

Just be sure you put the cooler out of sight so it doesn't get messed with and check them a few hours before turn-in if anything needs straightened.

Tyler

We build them at the comp the night before. I would be worried that if I made them too far in advance they would not look fresh.

We work as a team, Anita builds boxes friday night, Tony preps meat and cookers. Never tried builing boxes before comp.

we build them at home. when we get the boxes on site we carefully cut one full side off the build box then just slide the whole mat into the competition box. then we touch it up a little.

Back