a few tips

FlCracker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
1. keeep a notebook,list what you cook,outside temps,fuel,anything you can think of
2.themometers.Use the cheap oven themometers( $3.44 @ Walmart) use them to track temps in your pit,then make a diagram and put that in you notes

William
Woodhouse Grill

FlCracker said:
1. keeep a notebook,list what you cook,outside temps,fuel,anything you can think of
2.themometers.Use the cheap oven themometers( $3.44 @ Walmart) use them to track temps in your pit,then make a diagram and put that in you notes

William
Woodhouse Grill

Do this before or after the Burbon. :D

Can't we just write software for this stuff. Stick half a dozen thermometers in your smoker, a couple in the meat you are cooking, and have it all fed wirelessly to a piece of sofware that knows your smoker and the meat and can tell you what to do when. One of those ridiculous computer voices could coach you through it:
"the chamber is now at two hundred and twenty six degrees"
"your brisket is now at one hundred and sixty seven degrees."
"if you believe in foil, press 1 for wrapping instructions. If you don't believe in foil, continue drinking"

If I've got a choice between thinking or simply following directions after some bourbon, I'll pass on the thinking every time!!

scottm4300 said:
Can't we just write software for this stuff. Stick half a dozen thermometers in your smoker, a couple in the meat you are cooking, and have it all fed wirelessly to a piece of sofware that knows your smoker and the meat and can tell you what to do when. One of those ridiculous computer voices could coach you through it:
"if you believe in foil, press 1 for wrapping instructions. If you don't believe in foil, continue drinking"

If I've got a choice between thinking or simply following directions after some bourbon, I'll pass on the thinking every time!!

It hasn't gotten voice promting yet but the bbq guru will just about do what you asked. www.thebbqguru.com Believe is or not it works - I'm seeing more and more of them out on the 'que circuit.

And, no I don't rep for them! :D

smokincracker said:
FlCracker said:

William
Woodhouse Grill

Do this before or after the Burbon. :D

Correct; before or after. Maybe both.

Jeez - why don't I think of these things sooner! Now I'm just gonna have to put it on my list of toys to buy!

scottm4300 said:

LMAO, Scott!

"Warning: Combustion chamber temperatures are approaching safety limit."
"Warning: Smoke chamber temperature is spiking."
"Warning: Grease fire imminent."
"DANGER: YOUR $HIT IS ON FIRE"

Sorry, racer, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Warning: Your butt has reached the explosive stage. Do not, repeat, do not stab with tongs. If your name is Bill, you are hearing this after too many peanuts. Buy Charmin.

"Danger, Will Robinson!" mod

Back