Thread: Legends of BBQ
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #31
42BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
In all seriousness I would put Phil Rizzardi towards the top of this list. I believe this forum has done as much, or more, for the expansion of BBQ over the years as anyone on any of the lists so far.

We are talking about influence here. And this forum has had a tremendous influence on the BBQ culture in a American and elsewhere.
Well, I gotta say this holds a lot of truth for me. If it were not for the Brethren (and by that I mean Phil) I would still be stuck using a gasser and trying not to scorch my burgers and chicken breast. Geez, that sounds lousy, instead I'm making awesome Que that my friends and family love; I'm "window shopping" all the time looking at dropping thousands on a Lang, Meadowcreek, Gator pit, or some other dang cooker. I obsess about Que, I spend hours planning years down the road for catering, competing, making this my living. This place, this community, has sparked inside me dreams bigger than I ever thought I would have. I have a good job, one that offers early retirement. I always thought that is all I wanted in life. Now I have dreams for so much more. And yes, many others have influenced me to be cooking what and how I cook now. But nobody else influenced me more than The Brethren!