Where to Buy Comp Duroc/Berkshire Butts

Mattb82

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just got my duroc butts in from creekstone and am very disappointed. They are small with tiny money muscles. Looking for an online vendor to buy nice big Duroc/ Berkshire butts to use for comps. Just looking for butts and not the whole picnic like SRF offers. Thanks everyone

Matt

^^^ Malcom Reed speaks highly of them.
I was posting the link but pharp beat me to it.

Big Duroc/Berkshire Butts with large money muscles don't come cheap.

Don't know how his price compares to buying from Compart direct, but check out the Butcher Shoppe (in Pensacola FL I believe) on Facebook, and they'll give you a quote.

For the experienced Compart cooks, what's the biggest difference between Compart and other pork brands. I've been using Smithfield, and have been happy with it. With them going away from the ET product, I'm looking at trying a few brands, Prairie Fresh, and possibly Compart to see what I would like to use moving forward. Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

For the experienced Compart cooks, what's the biggest difference between Compart and other pork brands. I've been using Smithfield, and have been happy with it. With them going away from the ET product, I'm looking at trying a few brands, Prairie Fresh, and possibly Compart to see what I would like to use moving forward. Interested to hear what everyone thinks.

Smithfield is moving on from the ET line?

Smithfield is moving on from the ET line?

Yup. By 6/30 they will have moved on from it. Walmart will still have ET Ribs during the summer, but no one else will have ribs, and butts are gone.

I've been stocking up to try and get through the season just so I don't have to make a change this year, but tbh, I haven't loved how they've been butchering the fat caps ET butts this year. I shouldn't have any problems getting enough ribs though, so at least there's that.

I use allegiant duroc pork from a local butcher here in Memphis. As long as it's duroc the marbling will be outstanding.

Won a rib contest first time I used them. Also like Smithfield ETs

Yup. By 6/30 they will have moved on from it. Walmart will still have ET Ribs during the summer, but no one else will have ribs, and butts are gone.

I've been stocking up to try and get through the season just so I don't have to make a change this year, but tbh, I haven't loved how they've been butchering the fat caps ET butts this year. I shouldn't have any problems getting enough ribs though, so at least there's that.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I shouldn't try so hard to find ET ribs for my upcoming comps if they be available anymore. I did have good luck with the Prime line last year, but they are hard to find as well.

Duroc would be good to try out, but the price is a deterrent for sure.

Last edited:
The prime line is ok, but the muscles on the butts are soooo small.

Anyone know the size of the Compart butts? Good sized money muscles?

Do you know anyone in the food service business. See if they can get them from their suppliers. Out here in AZ I can get Compart Butts and Ribs from Shamrock Foods.

WOW Shipping

Hi All Was going to place an order for some ribs from Https://www.compartduroc.com. Couldn't believe shipping would have been 80.00 to NJ.
Question why was shipping so high? Still looking around for some decent ribs. I've buying my ribs at Restaurant Depot & Costco, was looking for some thing a little better.
DanB

Marbling.

The prime line is ok, but the muscles on the butts are soooo small.

Anyone know the size of the Compart butts? Good sized money muscles?

Have you found any Berkshire or Duroc pork in KC? I just picked up a Berkshire butt at McGonigle's yesterday @ $3.99/lb, kinda steep (as opposed to commodity) but compared to online options with shipping it was still reasonable, in my mind at least. They have Berkshire STL spares on sale for $1.99 right now too.

Have you found any Berkshire or Duroc pork in KC? I just picked up a Berkshire butt at McGonigle's yesterday @ $3.99/lb, kinda steep (as opposed to commodity) but compared to online options with shipping it was still reasonable, in my mind at least. They have Berkshire STL spares on sale for $1.99 right now too.

Broadway Butcher Shop has Compart. I heard Arrowhead Meats too.

I believe the KC BBQ store is selling compart along with SRF briskets.

Back