Beef Tongue Anyone?

Normally when I look at the pictures that Thirdeye posts I drool...

Not this time!
sc0421pv.gif

I have eaten tongue before, and it's not not bad. Good luck Neil!

Oh yeah...

Lick me!
lengua9ep.gif

Neil said:
I'm going to fix them this weekend. I'll cook one totally in the crock pot and the other I'll finish off smoking on the weber since the weather here is sucking big time right now.

Let us know how it went.

We always served it sliced cold with crackers and cheese.

parrothead said:
Let us know how it went.
We always served it sliced cold with crackers and cheese.

Ditto Neil, let us know the results of the comparison.

Sorry Ron, maybe the bacon didn't do the tongue justice...It works on my meatloaf. :cool:

e22ca70d.jpg

I ate platefulls of tongue as a kid, when I visited with my mother's family in Costa Rica. I asked my grandmother what the meat was, and without missing a beat she said, "tongue."

My little kid brain rationalized that response as, "they call it tongue but it really isn't literally TONGUE". Late in life I found out that it really WAS. I've not been able to get near it since.

Funny Cuelio - my Cuban Aubela never served tongue. I got it from my Irish Grandmother.

I had tongue in a Mexican food restaurant once. It was pretty good. But I really wanted to know what the cow thought of me.

My mother tried to poison me

OMG... Its been since my boyhood, that I was forced to eat Tongue, and for good reason. It makes SPAM look like a delicacy. Oh wait SPAM is a delicacy.

But as the old Bosco song went. (I hope you know this song)

I hate tongue, cause its not good for me.
My mother tried to feed it to me.
But I fooled mommy, I put it in her lunch
and now I have no mommy to try to poison me!

Now lets go have a SPAM sandwich.
Merl

As my Grandpappy once said:

"Boy, now listen to me and listen to me good. There is ONLY ONE place that a tongue should be and it ain't on a plate next to your potatoes. If you need to know more, ask your Grandma."

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Ken

TexasGuppie said:
As my Grandpappy once said:

"Boy, now listen to me and listen to me good. There is ONLY ONE place that a tongue should be and it ain't on a plate next to your potatoes. If you need to know more, ask your Grandma."

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Ken

Grandpappy Guppie was a wise man, Ken!

BTW, can you explain what he meant? What did Grandma say?

:rolleyes: :-D

willkat98 said:
On the plus side, a cow can't lick its ass like a dog can

This is true BUT the cow CAN lick another cow's arse! I'm gonna need more than that to convince me to eat a cow's tongue.

I thought Spam was made of stuff not fit for making bologna.

Back