BBQ @ the Beach State Championship - Raystown, PA Sept. 17-19th"

I wouldn't worry about the number of teams. Well run events always seem to fill up.

I could be wrong but I think we are at 16 teams right now and are cutting it off at 25. Keeping the judges even and all that.

Sorry I've been kinda busy with some shop stuff lately, got a new truck, buying a few hundred $K in machines and stuff. YIKES!!

Anyway, anyone who comes in Friday will get to take the late night lake cruise on the big boat we've got for the judges, teams, families, and yeah, even phil if he comes too!

(we are an equal opportunity cruise ship scheduler :laugh:)

We actually have 12 teams with paperwork in and more promising to send it in. We are only counting the teams who have sent in paperwork as enrolled. We are taking the first 25 teams who get their paperwork in.

has anyone thought about the pot luck on Friday night, who is all coming in on Friday?

stink - we'll be there around 5pmish, I think. Maybe earlier. Tracey sounded like she was trying to talk Jon into comimg this past w/e...maybe you should work on him too?? :becky:

sounds like a great w/e!!

Hmmmmm... might be a good weekend to be Stinky Black Spread? The newest bbq supergroup?
Can't do Raystown this year. Doing Shrewsbury the week before, can't do back to back in fall. We're way too busy at work. Plus Harrisburg is 2 weeks after that.

stink - we'll be there around 5pmish, I think. Maybe earlier. Tracey sounded like she was trying to talk Jon into comimg this past w/e...maybe you should work on him too?? :becky:

sounds like a great w/e!!

I already tried, he wont budge!!! Cant wait for the debut of StinkyBlackSpread, sound like too much fun!!!

Sal

Hmmmmm... might be a good weekend to be Stinky Black Spread? The newest bbq supergroup?
Can't do Raystown this year. Doing Shrewsbury the week before, can't do back to back in fall. We're way too busy at work. Plus Harrisburg is 2 weeks after that.

just do it!

come on now...here is an event that is K.C.B.S. sanctioned, is in a great location, has great cooker friendly activities available and...................ITS NOT SOLD OUT YET!!!!!! come on , every one complains about not having enough comps...well here is one comp tring to do everything right.........nice pay outs...super cool awards.........and its a BBQ BRETHREN event... send in that check and lets go!!!

just so you know, there aint one of you mudder cluckers that can beat me (o.k. I suck but come on) lets try and make sure this happens next year...(what are you chicken?)

I hope some of you on the fence join in..

Sal (I am 8 pounders short of the 12 pack I bought)

Thanks gnome! It's true you know lol!

Has anyone placed an order for the meat package? Does it look like a good deal?
2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110

2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110

Not yet, can you send me the info? I know its posted on here somewhere...too lazy to search. :rolleyes:

We're coming in on Friday too! can't wait!! Who's bring the syrup and butter for the potluck?

Not yet, can you send me the info? I know its posted on here somewhere...too lazy to search. :rolleyes:

Grilling competition, on-site meat delivery to teams:
On site meat delivery for our competitors includes 2 8-9 lb bone in butts, 2 packer briskets, 4 St Louis ribs, 12 pieces of chicken thighs all for $110 delivered Sept 17th! Order now for no extra charge wet aging briskets. Call Brenneman's @ 814-643-2751 to place orders for Barbeque at the Beach competition. They are also supplying 1 lb to each team of 80/20 ground beef for the grilling comp free! Thanks Brenneman's!

No problem. Do you think that looks like a good deal? I really think I'll be getting a few of these to put in my freezer at those prices!

2 packers
2 bone in butts
4 st Louis ribs
12 thighs
all delivered on site
$110

Weights and grade?

EDIT: i see the 8-9 lbs butts. Will the briskets be 15's? If not can we request for a premium? The prices are on par with RD it seems and you don't need to buy the volume of ribs to get the St. Louis cut. Also don't need to lug it there. Butcher quality at RD prices seems nice.

Back