Waiting is Costing me $$$$

Keller Steeler

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well this will be the fourth weekend in a row (January 14 was the last cook) since I have cooked on my new Spicewine and I am ready to snap.:mad:
I had an obligation the weekend of the 21st that kept me from cooking, then I droppedy SW off at my trailer guy's place and went out of town the next Saturday for a week. Returned last weekend and it was not ready and guess what, it still is not done.:mad::eek::evil:

I was hoping to have it back, mounted to my trailer, by this weekend, but the guy doing the work has been sick and actually went into the hospital with pneumonia. Can't really complain since he was in the hospital - he is healthy now (as much as it pains me to say it, his health is worth more than me cooking). It will be done by the middle of next week. He is a fellow Q'er and is charging more than a fair price.

I could cook on my Stumps, but I do not really want to, I want my SW back. I think I am about to unload the Stumps. Not because I am unhappy, I just do not think I will get use out of my SW and the Stumps. Once I get my trailer back and see if I mind moving the trailer in and out of the garage to cook I will make a decision. I am going to buy a trailer dolley to make it easy. So while I have been waiting on the trailer, I have bought.....

A DigiQ II with 25cfm fan
A wide selection on Texas Pepper Jelly
6 boxes of Buckboard bacon cure
7 different kinds of jerky rub
40 lbs of peach wood chunks
Two new pairs of Welders gloves
A storage box for the trailer (which will be mounted)

And I am about to buy a trailer dolley.

I need to start cooking so I stop spending money.

Spice - at least it is still sitting in a highly visible place.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well this will be the fourth weekend in a row (January 14 was the last cook) since I have cooked on my new Spicewine and I am ready to snap.:mad:
I had an obligation the weekend of the 21st that kept me from cooking, then I droppedy SW off at my trailer guy's place and went out of town the next Saturday for a week. Returned last weekend and it was not ready and guess what, it still is not done.:mad::eek::evil:

I was hoping to have it back, mounted to my trailer, by this weekend, but the guy doing the work has been sick and actually went into the hospital with pneumonia. Can't really complain since he was in the hospital - he is healthy now (as much as it pains me to say it, his health is worth more than me cooking). It will be done by the middle of next week. He is a fellow Q'er and is charging more than a fair price.

I could cook on my Stumps, but I do not really want to, I want my SW back. I think I am about to unload the Stumps. Once I get my trailer back and see if I mind moving the trailer in and out of the garage to cook I will make a decision. I am going to buy a trailer dolley to make it easy. So while I have been waiting on the trailer, I have bought.....

A DigiQ II with 25cfm fan
A wide selection on Texas Pepper Jelly
6 boxes of Buckboard bacon cure
7 different kinds of jerky rub
40 lbs of peach wood chunks
Two new pairs of Welders gloves
A storage box for the trailer (which will be mounted)

And I am about to buy a trailer dolley.

I need to start cooking so I stop spending money.

Spice - at least it is still sitting in a highly visible place.:rolleyes:

You could use this time to build yourself a charcoal basket for your Spicewine.

Hey Keller, that wide selection of Pepper Jelly, Is it the same sweet/hot pepper jelly i have in mind? And out of curiosity what do you use it for? seasoning or just as a condiment?

Cheers

Oh yeah sorry to hear bout the delay, that would drive me crazy

then you should bring your sorry butt down to chilly chili in Austin

Hey Keller, that wide selection of Pepper Jelly, Is it the same sweet/hot pepper jelly i have in mind? And out of curiosity what do you use it for? seasoning or just as a condiment?

Cheers

Yes - Strawberry jalapeno, pineapple habanero, Strawberry habenero, etc.

I am going to try it as a finishing glaze for ribs.

then you should bring your sorry butt down to chilly chili in Austin

I have one sick child and I have been out sick all week, not going to make it. You should head up to Irving in a couple of weeks for the Irving Elks - it is supposed to a great cookoff - this will be my first time there.

Yes - Strawberry jalapeno, pineapple habanero, Strawberry habenero, etc.

I am going to try it as a finishing glaze for ribs.

Thats a great idea, When i saw your first post, thats exactly what i thought. Please be sure to let us (me) know how it turns out.... or how it has turned out if you've done it already!

Cheers

Back