What's on the menu for Christmas??

E

Ernie3

We are having the inlaws over Christmas Day and I am not sure what to cook? It most likely wont be BBq:sad:... My wife wants to cook a ham but I am really not into it. Any suggestions??? Something simple??? I am thinking about chicken nuggets, fries and apple sauce......just kidding. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm smoking a 13lb Turkey, and serving with dressing, mashed potatos, french bread, sweet potato casserole, and some mac n cheese to keep the kids happy.

I'm smoking a 13lb Turkey, and serving with dressing, mashed potatos, french bread, sweet potato casserole, and some mac n cheese to keep the kids happy.

AAhhh yes the Mac and Cheese........My menu will most definetly include this for the children too!:wink:

just went shopping, we're smoking an 11# turkey, an 8# butt, a couple of fatties and warming up with fruits and veggies whilst the smoker churns. breakfast will be some buckboard bacon that i picked up at the local butcher, some taters and eggs and some great bread from a local artisan shop. i think i'm actually all ready and don't need to leave the house again until after christmas day...

The only thing I am sure about right now is fresh Oyster Stew for Breakfast. My MIL started that years ago and all of us look forward to it now. Weird at first. I think probably ham this year for dinner though.

Hey ZILLA, just curious what is double smoked ham? I am assuming it is a store bought smoked ham, then you smoke it again at home??? If so this sounds like a possibility. Just picked up a Boars Head brand smoked ham today. Maybe I can talk the wife into this:?: Thanks.

Its tradition; crab legs and beef tenderloin on the eve....standing rib roast on the day!
And I won't be cooking!!

Prime Rib, baked potatos and something green.... Simple, easy and delicious.

Standing rib roast, garlic smashed taters, green bean casserole, and cornbread.

Working both Christmas Eve & Day and taking a smoked turkey.

Standing rib roast, smoked turkey, grilled salmon, southern greens, mac and cheese, corn pudding, and monkey bread. I was thinking about making this potato dish Robert Irving did on the Food TV Holiday special- Hasselback potatoes. If not I'm doing candied yams. By the way, the mac and cheese is not just for the kids in my family.

Christmas Eve dinner will be a 14lb Herb Butter basted Turkey on the rotisserie and an 8lb spiral cut ham on the Egg, that's all I'm responsible for. I have to keep the oven clear, too many cooks in my kitchen!! Christmas Day will be standing rib roast at the BIL's place. I'll be bringing ABT's, Fatties and maybe some Jerked Wings.

wife informed me that "we" we're having her relatives over. she also informed me she wanted smoked ham and kicked up scalloped 'taters. she also informed me they'd be wanting to eat about 1 pm. guess that means gettin up at 4 a.m and getting the smoker fired up. ugh. oh well...bloody mary's all morning? :)

Hey ZILLA, just curious what is double smoked ham? I am assuming it is a store bought smoked ham, then you smoke it again at home??? If so this sounds like a possibility. Just picked up a Boars Head brand smoked ham today. Maybe I can talk the wife into this:?: Thanks.

Hey Ernie, I get a ham like a "Smithfield" smoked ham. I got a whole one today for $30.00 they also sell half hams. I cut all the skin and heavy fat off and rub it with a good rub. I use Texas BBQ Rub Original or Wild and a put it on as heavy as I can. It's sweet and spicy. I pop it in the smoker for 3 or 4 hours at 250 untill it's heated through and the rub is crusty. Man it's good stuff. Enjoy!

Brisket, butt and ribs on a the kidnapped UDS!!!!!
Oooooops, probably should not talk about kidnapping a UDS!

Stealing a brothers UDS is just wrong. :shock: That's a good way to get a decent innocent refuse hauler put in the cross-hairs.

Going to buy a ham, also hoping to get me a full Brisket going to help with my recovery.

Creole Christmas

Shrimp Remoulade
sausage, tasso, and chicken jambalaya ( I can actually get tasso in New Hampshire!)
Black eyed peas w/ stewed tomatoes
Fried Okra

cafe au lait and (I am not making this up) Cake Donut bread pudding!

We are deviating from tradition this year and doing "Cioppino"...:biggrin:

Back